Discussion Forum

EDH Scarecrow deck?

I've been looking into Reaper King. Is there a way to make it into a fun and decent EDH deck? Any combos based around him?
Posted 21 August 2011 at 19:25

a few thoughts on it:

-there's always the trusty mimic vat+voliton key combo out there if you have the mana to do it more than once, I know there's plenty of scarecrows out there to make a theme deck out of it.

-Doubling Season+Minion Reflector is another that comes to mind, would give you 1 creature and 2 token copies of it, which is 3 blown up permanents there. Changelings would be good for this.

-Xenograft with some good creature pumps, such as Myr Turbine, Nuisance Engine, Turntimber Ranger, Hero of Bladehold, Grave Titan, etc.

-if you're willing to work around with Rats on top of the Xenograft, Marrow-Gnawer is good times
Posted 22 August 2011 at 05:18

It's a 5 color general and a 6/6 for 5 which makes him good for any type of EDH even without playing scarecrows. A few Scarecrows just makes him better but don't over do it. You can play 5 color control and that should be your focus, play all the best cards magic has to offer.

Good changelings: Chameleon Colossus, Changeling Berserker, Mirror Entity, Shapesharer and Taurean Mauler

Good Scarecrows: Heap Doll, Scarecrone and maybe Grim Poppet if you can build in a few combinations with other cards (Necrotic Ooze combo)

Academy Ruins is essential for this deck

You could play Mimic Vat, Prototype Portal and Soul Foundry and a bunch of clones which is always good: Clone, Vesuvan Shapeshifter, Phantasmal Image

Sharuum seems good as well

Few tutors: Enlightened tutor, demonic tutor, vampiric tutor
Posted 22 August 2011 at 07:50

So I have made a rough draft of a Reaper King deck.

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=225379

The lands haven't been added yet until I get past the drafting part but for now I would like some comments on the deck.
Posted 23 August 2011 at 15:52

[QUOTE=Seth]It's a 5 color general and a 6/6 for 5 which makes him good for any type of EDH even without playing scarecrows. A few Scarecrows just makes him better but don't over do it. You can play 5 color control and that should be your focus, play all the best cards magic has to offer.

Good changelings: Chameleon Colossus, Changeling Berserker, Mirror Entity, Shapesharer and Taurean Mauler

Good Scarecrows: Heap Doll, Scarecrone and maybe Grim Poppet if you can build in a few combinations with other cards (Necrotic Ooze combo)

Academy Ruins is essential for this deck

You could play Mimic Vat, Prototype Portal and Soul Foundry and a bunch of clones which is always good: Clone, Vesuvan Shapeshifter, Phantasmal Image

Sharuum seems good as well

Few tutors: Enlightened tutor, demonic tutor, vampiric tutor[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah! The vat and portal! I completely forgot about those, lol. Thanks.

EDIT: Oops, thought this was my topic as I made a similar one, lol.

EDIT2: Or, I thought I did, guess the submition didn't go through.
Posted 02 November 2011 at 14:44