Discussion Forum

A couple of questions...

First of all hi to all :) this is my first post!

My questions are:

1) I read on some page that when an aura is cast from a graveyard with "retether" for example, the aura no longer has a target and should thus be able to be enchanted to creatures with shroud. is that true?

2) Game situation: my opponent has 0 life, but has "platinum angel" on the field. I now kill the platinum angel with "swords to plowshares", that would make my opponent gain 4 life. Does my opponent die before he gains the ife or dies it occure simultaniously and thus he is alive?

3) If i cast creatures with special spells like "show and tell" do effects procc from creatures like "Ethersworn Shieldmage"

thanks for answers ahead of time ;)
Posted 24 August 2011 at 12:54

4) if i enchant a creature with mythic proportions (aura granting +8/+8 and trample) and then echant it with gigantiform (creature tunrs into a 8/8 trample creature) is the creature then 16/16 or are does gigantiform somewhat "negate" the mythic propotions?
Posted 24 August 2011 at 13:40

1) auras returned to play by retether follow all the usual rules, it still has to be able to target the creature you want it to enchant.

2) both effects result from the same spell resolving, thus the effects are simultaneous and your opponent has 4 life.

3) abilities that trigger on "When 'creature X' enters the battlefield" will trigger regardless of how the creature entered play..whether they were cast, returned from the graveyard or exile, or due to some other card's effect.

It's abilities that trigger on wording like "When you cast/play 'creature X'" that wouldn't be affected by playing them through Show and tell

4) the creature enchanted by both would be 16/16 Trample.
Posted 24 August 2011 at 17:24

thank you very much serras :)
Posted 24 August 2011 at 18:08

1) auras returned to play by retether and similar effects do not need to target, you simply choose a creature to attach them to. This gets around shroud, but not protection. Auras only target while they're on the stack.
Posted 29 August 2011 at 23:32

Yeah what NightLoki said. Another typical example of this is Zur the Enchanter, the enchantments he fetches don't need a target either because they are never cast and don't use the stack.
Posted 30 August 2011 at 07:49