Discussion Forum

Need help with 4c Aggro Loam

Hey guys

I'm playing more and more legacy these days and I need a break from my NO RUG deck. I cooked up this 4c Aggro Loam list last night

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=226414

And play tested against my friends Affinity deck. Even with Leyline of the Void in play I could easily win. Combo will be hard and I'll just try to race them. Control should be ok. Loam and Seismic Assault give me a strong midgame.

The build feels good but not great yet. I need to perfect it. I'm thinking 2-3 Countryside Crusher and drop the 2xTerravore although terravore is SO!! good. I didn't put in tarmogoyf because this deck doesn't abuse him well. A deck like Team America boosts its own goyfs real fast, this deck, not so much. Still I can try playing a few but a turn 1 1/2 Goyf or turn 2 2/3 goyf isn't all that sexy.

This could be 3c if I drop the Steppe Lynx but with 12 fetch I just didn't see a better beater.

cheers
Posted 26 August 2011 at 07:05

Hope I helped on it, lightning storm seemed like it might be a good add to it
Posted 26 September 2011 at 01:57

ooh, Aggro Loam. I don't actually see this deck too often, so I'm not overly familiar with build strengths and weaknesses. It seems like you're not zoo fast, so Steppe Lynx kind of sticks out to me. I'd play path if you were playing white, but with just Steppe Lynx as a white card it's a little odd. Tarmogoyf should definitely make the maindeck, if only to fight other goyfs. Even if you don't pump yours as fast as Team America, you need to be able to fight against those who can, so he definitely makes the cut. How close is a one-of Crucible of Worlds to making your deck/sideboard?
Posted 28 September 2011 at 23:18

I believe post MM bad the meta was awesome for Loam. Eventually I eneded up running a more traditional 3 color aggro Loam with Countryside Crusher. Won a tournament with it last week.

Now with MM gone the deck is dead again. It sucks versus combo. It's awesome versus aggro/control and aggro/control which is what MM gave us. Now it will be combo, combo, combo. (in Europe at least)
Posted 30 September 2011 at 07:39