Discussion Forum

Is this worth the money or am i just stupid?

pls help me i need someone to test play this deck! i need to know if its whorth the money or if ther is anything that i should change?

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=226867

THANK YOU!
Posted 27 August 2011 at 19:56

how did you come up with this build? It looks like a pile of cards with little to no synergy or planned construction. Why would you play for instance 2xOvergrown Battlement and no other defenders??? There's just no logic behind that.

No this deck isn't worth buying, it's a bad deck. Then again buying cards and building bad decks is something we've all gone through when we started learning the game, no way around that. You could draft a lot and gather cards that way and learn to build decks while drafting. It's a good way to get into the game.

If you want to make this build work you need a plan, what's it supposed to do, and what's your budget? It's currently around 250$, I could build you a deck around that price using some of the cards from your list but you must be willing to invest and you can't expect it to be the world's best deck. It certainly won't be a tournament deck.
Posted 29 August 2011 at 07:06

As it stands right now, no I do not think you should spend money on this deck

The problem with this deck is that it doesn't know what it wants to do.

-There's no real theme here. You have birds of paradise saying ramp and reassembling skeleton saying control and diabolic tutors saying combo

-It's running powerful cards, but few ways to get them out in a reasonable amount of time (look at the mana curve)

-It's using tutors, but there isn't really anything the is screaming to be tutored

-It's running recent cards like primeval titan, but it's also running old cards like sol ring.

-It's not tournament legal for anything except legacy/vintage, and then it's too slow to run in those formats (see the mana curve).

-Based on the cards I'm seeing, it's going to draw some hate in casual games. It's hard to play this deck anywhere.
Posted 29 August 2011 at 07:07

Was just trying to build something around the titans with fast mana.
I am not that experiensed player so i will be very happy if you help me :)
i already own the titans thats in the deck and my budget is around 250$

and i sertainly dont need to play green/black but thought it would be a nice combo for heavy creatures

Thank you very much :)
Posted 29 August 2011 at 13:54

this is what I came up with:

4 Sakura Tribe Elder
2 Fallen Angel
2 Grave Titan
2 Primeval Titan
3 Fleshbag Marauder
1 Eternal Witness
1 Obstinate Baloth
1 Acidic Slime
1 Farhaven Elf
1 Solem Simulacrum
1 Sheoldred, Whispering One

3 Grave Pact
1 Contamination
2 Recurring Nightmare
1 Greater Good

1 Sol Ring

1 Garruk, Primal Hunter

1 Corpse Dance
1 Worldly Tutor
2 Harmonize
4 Cultivate
1 Exsanguinate
1 Demonic tutor
1 Life's Finale
1 Profane Command

1 Cabal Coffers
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
10 Forest
8 Swamp

should kick ass, in theory

Some of the combo's and interactions:

- First you mana ramp using Sakura Tribe Elder/Farhaven Elf/Solem Simulacrum/Cultivate into enough black mana to play gravepact. Sakura Tribe Elder and Farhaven Elf make good blockers to keep you alive early on and while they improve your board position.

- Once you have the mana you cast Primeval Titan and fetch Cabal Coffers + Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth and basically win with the huge amounts of mana it creates.

- you have several sacrifice outlets: Fallen Angel/Greater Good/Contamination/Recurring Nightmare + Fleshbag Marauder and Sakura who sac themselves and all these abuse Grave Pact

- Contamination can be fueled with GraveTitan and will lock many opponents out of the game, it's one of your possible wins

- Grave Pact provides board control

- Recurring Nightmare does whatever you need with lots of utility creatures like Obstinate Baloth for life gain, Eternal Witness to get whatever you need from the yard, Acidic Slime to blow stuff up.

- Corpse Dance is another way to reccur creatures and if you can sacrifice them you can keep on abusing the card with buyback. For instance Fallen Angel + Corpse Dance is a nice combo. (Fallen Angel sacrificing itself to itself)

- Draw engine: Garruk/Harmonize/Greater Good/Solem Simulacrum

- Kill: beatdown or Exsanguinate or Profane Command (Profane Command can fill many roles)

- Worldly tutor and demonic to get what you need faster.

- Fleshbag Marauder: is stupid good with Grave Pact and even without it it will protect you early on

- reccursion: Sheoldred, Whispering On/ Profane Command/Recurring Nightmare/Corpse Dance

The deck will also thin out land very fast so you don't draw into much land mid game.

Maybe a Woodfall Primus is something to concider after playtesting. It's a nice problemsolver.
Posted 30 August 2011 at 07:35

I changed the deck around a bit because you said you would play in a group where they play a lot of sweepers

4 Sakura Tribe Elder
2 Fallen Angel
2 Grave Titan
2 Primeval Titan
2 Fleshbag Marauder
3 Eternal Witness
3 Kitchen Finks
1 Woodfall Primus
1 Reveillark
1 Solem Simulacrum
1 Sheoldred, Whispering One

3 Grave Pact
1 Contamination
2 Recurring Nightmare
1 Greater Good

1 Garruk, Primal Hunter

1 Corpse Dance
1 Worldly Tutor
2 Harmonize
4 Cultivate
1 Demonic tutor
1 Profane Command

1 Cabal Coffers
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
9 Forest
2 Plains
7 Swamp

I put in bold what I changed. Basically you now have 3 Kitchen Finks for life gain and persist abuse. Eternal Witness count went from 1 to 3 for more graveyard abuse. I added 2 plains to support the 1 Reveillark. This will give you a very strong game against board sweepers. Reveillark with Recurring Nightmare and Eternal Witness will give you whatever you need every turn and your opponents will have to play dedicated graveyard hate to break it. It won't take them long to start playing graveyard removal but even then if you play it well the deck will give you a very strong game.
Posted 05 September 2011 at 09:11

Planeswalkers aren't so awesome that your deck needs 4.
Posted 27 September 2011 at 05:44

[QUOTE=Goblin Lord]Planeswalkers aren't so awesome that your deck needs 4.[/QUOTE]

LOL

ya, that's probably why a huge portion of all pro decks in the last 3 years have been running 4-12 of them.
Posted 27 September 2011 at 13:16

I didn't mean competitively.
Posted 27 September 2011 at 19:30