Discussion Forum

Burn Deck Questions

Hey guys. I don't know if any of you remember me (probably not), but I used to post here a bit like a year ago or so. Me and some friends took a break from magic but now we found our way back and I'm full of questions.

First off, The deck I'm trying to make right now is a red burn deck. I'm leaning towards it being full of damage spells and elemental creatures like Hellspark Elemental and Ball Lightnings. What I'm wondering is if there's any other creatures that aren't elementals that maybe have the same sort of effect?

I was also curious as to what black cards could make it in a burn deck. I was sort of thinking of making it a black/red burn deck with the cards mentioned along with black removal spells, but that might make it a bit too convoluted. If I were to add in black, I would probably add in some Maggot Carriers, but if there's any black cards that straight up do damage like Lightning Bolt, that would be even better.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Posted 02 September 2011 at 00:49

Try Hell's Thunder 4/4 flyer haste dies at end of turn :manar::manar:1. Spark elemental, try Chandras Spitfire little diff but cool especially in Burn.
Posted 03 September 2011 at 00:20

I was considering Hell's Thunder. I put together a deck earlier today and I didn't put it in. Knew about Spark Elemental and it's in my deck. I didn't really like Chandra's Spitfire at first, but I suppose it could be worth a shot.

Thanks for the ideas!
Posted 03 September 2011 at 04:51

Obsidion fireheart each point he does is a different effect so each point give spitfire 3/0. like 90% sure anyway. cause it says they each deal 1 so therefore i fighure different effects so to speak.
Posted 03 September 2011 at 06:16