Discussion Forum

Platinum Angel Question

Would you still lose the game if you have no cards to draw from your library and you have platinum angel out. And would you lose if you have ten poison counters? I was just wondering if there was any conditions with platinum angels effects that would still have me lose the game.
Posted 06 September 2011 at 20:46

If you are forced to draw a card when you have no library, you lose.
When you have 10 or more poison counters you lose.

Platinum Angel = YOU CAN'T LOSE
Posted 06 September 2011 at 21:40

I thought that was the case, but i was being told that there were some conditions that youd lose even with platinum angel out, the draw card when you have none left was one i was told that youd lose even with platinum
Posted 06 September 2011 at 21:43

Official Rulings for platinum angel:
[quote]
01/10/2009
No game effect can cause you to lose the game or cause any opponent to win the game while you control Platinum Angel. It doesn't matter whether you have 0 or less life, you're forced to draw a card while your library is empty, you have ten or more poison counters, you're dealt combat damage by Phage the Untouchable, your opponent has Mortal Combat with twenty or more creature cards in his or her graveyard, or so on. You keep playing.
[/quote]
so whoever told you that running out of cards was an exception was wrong.
Posted 11 September 2011 at 01:02

The ONLY way you can lose with platinum angel out, is if you give up.
Posted 19 September 2011 at 01:41

as a side note i was playing a game of king's court 6 player magic one day when a knight summoned a platinum angel. the knights can't lose the game unless thier king dies. so therefore when we brought the knight with plat angel to 0 life he died still and had to leave the game(and remove platinum angel from play) since he didnt actually lose the game all he did was die. since the king was still alive he didnt lose but was just removed from the game with a chance of winning still there, and since he was removed from the game his angel was too.

he argued for a while but it's true, and he ended up losing without us ever having to kill his angel. i found it funny, and just wanted to share.
Posted 26 October 2011 at 18:53

[QUOTE=Try4se]The ONLY way you can lose with platinum angel out, is if you give up.[/QUOTE]

Or if you get a penalty that causes you to end that game during the game.
Posted 15 November 2011 at 05:06