Discussion Forum

Dark Depths

my new Dark depths brew.

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=230788
Posted 07 September 2011 at 19:39

Hey guys

I'd would appreciate some input. I've did some testing with the list and although it performs well It seems I have a really hard time stopping a turn 3 Progenitus.

Turn 1 (No RUG): Fetchland, Fetch Basic Forest, play Birds of Paradise
Turn 2 (No RUG): Fetchland, Noble Hierarch or Green Sun's Zenith into Noble Hierarch
Turn 3: Fetch, Natural Order into Progenitus

I've played the NO-RUG deck for almost 6 months now and although perfect openings like this are rare they do happen often enough.

So now I'm thinking of dropping Chalice of the Void and going more typical Rock with 4 Hymn To Tourach + 4 Thoughtseize main., possibly play Swords to Plowshares main as well.
It would become a very different list more focussed on Hand Disruption and less on land destruction. I would drop the Sinkholes and at least 1 Vindicate.

cheers

Seth
Posted 09 September 2011 at 09:15

That could work nicely actually, especially against NOPRO, since those decks tend to burn through their hand rapidly.
Posted 09 September 2011 at 09:31

[QUOTE=surewhynot]That could work nicely actually, especially against NOPRO, since those decks tend to burn through their hand rapidly.[/QUOTE]

I think it's indeed the way to go if I want a chance against combo decks in general. I played the deck as it is now against Cephalid Breakfast and the matchup was a joke. I have close to no interaction with a fast deck like that.

What do you think of Raven's Crime as a one off against control (I would sideboard it).

I'll try to post a new list soon
Posted 09 September 2011 at 09:48

Artifacts
3x Mox Diamond
1x Crucible of Worlds

Creatures
4x Dark Confidant
3x Tarmogoyf
4x Knight of the Reliquary
3x Vampire Hexmage

Enchantments
1x Sylvan Library