Discussion Forum

Notice system

Well, I've searched around and I haven't found something like this so here it goes.

I'd like to have some feature that gives me a "notice" when someone comments on a deck I own... like on facebook, the red "1" that links to that.

In order to do this maybe it would be better if our "forum profile" would be linked with the main site, and the notice would be on the profile.

Just something I thought would be useful, because it could save me time, instead of going through all my decks in search of a new comment, I could find it right there.

Yours truly, dedicated, gamer: Crackjunior1 :D
Posted 11 September 2011 at 20:28

Hi crackjunior1!

We are going to be implementing something like this in the future, we've got a few other things to work on at the minute. Unfotunately linking the forum and main site isn't a simple task, it's something we probably should have done at the start, but hind sight is a wonderful thing!

For the notice system, we've got a few ideas, such as an activity stream, facebook style menu bar notifications and emails.

In the meantime, I may be able to put together a simple inbox style list of decks which have received comments, which would save you time going through all your decks ! Give me a couple of days and i'll see what I can do.

Cheers

Ian
Posted 12 September 2011 at 09:06

Yeah I know there are a lot of suggestions so I respect that you have other things to do, that's cool. :D
Posted 12 September 2011 at 11:09

Hello

I've added a "Deck Comments Inbox" page under the "My Account" options on the side navigation. It basically works by displaying all decks with comments since your LAST LOGIN. This is only a test, I can easily change it to be last 24, 48, 72 hrs etc but hopefully this should work fine :) It's not a quick task to make the navigation show a number, so I hope this works well for the time being?

Let me know what you think

Cheers
Posted 13 September 2011 at 21:56

Thanks a ton Ian... I'm glad to see that unlike many sites this one values it's users opinions and makes them work. Has someone has said before "Power to the people" :D
Posted 18 September 2011 at 13:34

Haha, you're welcome :D

Ian
Posted 19 September 2011 at 08:41