Discussion Forum

UB mill deck Modern

Hi,

I've linked a UB mill deck (Modern legal) below. Just looking for suggestions on this really. It's been ages since I've played a lot of the sets which are post 8th ed, and so if anyone here has a better memory than me or has played them recently, please tell me about anything good that I can include. It may well be that some of the cards listed under sideboard are better to use straight off.

I imagine a lot of people would run Leyline straight off, and if I came across a deck that uses graveyard tricks, then I'd put in 4 Leylines, and remove Keening stone, visions of beyond and put in 2 ponders in place of the 2 visions.

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=232188

Thanks

Tom
Posted 13 September 2011 at 17:59

- Hedron Crab doesn't do anything, it's your only creature wich means it draws all creature removal other decks pack. Aggro decks will shoot it down, combo decks won't care about it.

- Howling Mine is a card that makes you die faster, it's the last card in the world you want to be playing. Zoo will already be your worst matchup, giving them extra cards is taking away their only weakness.

- Keening Stone is so slow I would think it's something you can only play in a format like EDH. Here I would run it as a 1 off max.

- Traumatize is to slow, 1 max
- Damnation could be 3x
- Tidings is to slow, try Telling Time, it's quite good
- Rune Snag is better then Mana Leak, I would run both but Snag has priority.
Posted 14 September 2011 at 08:34