Discussion Forum

Izzet Guildmage Question

Ok so the combo this is the combo: Izzet Guildmage + Training Grounds + Rite of Flame + Gelectrode

Say Gelectrode + Training Grounds + Izzet Guildmage are all on the field. I tap Gelectrode for a damage, then I play Rite of Flame, and I copy it for one R because Training Grounds and Izzet Guildmage are on the field. Here's the trick though, as I create infinite red mana with rite of flame copies, can I be tapping gelectrode in between these copies resolving and getting copied, for infinite damage?
Posted 14 September 2011 at 03:22

[QUOTE=Pyre]Ok so the combo this is the combo: Izzet Guildmage + Training Grounds + Rite of Flame + Gelectrode

Say Gelectrode + Training Grounds + Izzet Guildmage are all on the field. I tap Gelectrode for a damage, then I play Rite of Flame, and I copy it for one R because Training Grounds and Izzet Guildmage are on the field. Here's the trick though, as I create infinite red mana with rite of flame copies, can I be tapping gelectrode in between these copies resolving and getting copied, for infinite damage?[/QUOTE]

Izzet Guildmage + Training Grounds + Rite of Flame = infinite red mana.

Unfortunately, the wording on Izzet Guildmage says "copy target spell". Copied spells are not considered cast, and therefore they do not untap Glectrode.

You still have infinite red mana, though. May I recommend Fireball?
Posted 14 September 2011 at 07:15