Discussion Forum

Flash/Double STrike

I really dont understand this.

Flash
Doublestrike
Posted 14 September 2011 at 22:54

The mechanic "Flash" is typically put on a creature or enchantment card which you could usually only play on your turn during the first and second main phase. Flash gives these cards the ability to be played at any time.

Double strike is similar to first strike. The creature deals damage to the other creature(s) before they have a chance to deal their damage. Think of a gun at a knife fight. That's first strike.

DOUBLE strike on the other hand is like shooting the other creature, then bashing them in the face lol.
Posted 15 September 2011 at 01:38

So for double strike if my guy is 2/2 and defender is 1/4. My guy attacking with double strike actually kills the 1/4?

And a Card with flash i can cast it like a spell? I saw a creature card with flash on it. It confused me.
Posted 15 September 2011 at 05:47

[QUOTE=Scotty1700]
Double strike is similar to first strike. The creature deals damage to the other creature(s) before they have a chance to deal their damage. Think of a gun at a knife fight. That's first strike.
l.[/QUOTE]

hmmm if you are at 5.3meter from me have a gun holsted and i have a knife trust me i DEAL first strike...(and i will not be trowing it lol)
Posted 15 September 2011 at 12:37

[QUOTE=Kao007]So for double strike if my guy is 2/2 and defender is 1/4. My guy attacking with double strike actually kills the 1/4?

And a Card with flash i can cast it like a spell? I saw a creature card with flash on it. It confused me.[/QUOTE]

Mostly yes, if you have in play a wall of omens and the opponent has a Urabrask the hidden attacking you you can cast the Celestial Crusader and block with the wall and the wall will survive.

but for example if that player had cast assault strobe on Urabrask the hidden then the wall would die, because it would receive 4 first and then they would deal theyr normal damage to each other..
Posted 15 September 2011 at 12:43

Or, making it even trickier, you can assign Wall of Omens to block, then cast Whitemane Lion and return Wall of Omens to you hand. The attacking creature is blocked, but wall of Omens doesn't receive combat damage :)
Posted 15 September 2011 at 16:34

[QUOTE=Portugaru]hmmm if you are at 5.3meter from me have a gun holsted and i have a knife trust me i DEAL first strike...(and i will not be trowing it lol)[/QUOTE]

Better have deathtouch :|
Posted 16 September 2011 at 00:30

[QUOTE=Scotty1700][QUOTE=Portugaru;28462]hmmm if you are at 17.4 'merican feet from me have a gun holstered and I have a knife trust me I DEAL first strike...(and I will not be throwing it lol)[/QUOTE]
Better have Deathtouch :|[/QUOTE]

In an average situation where the shooter is using a standard holster and does not know where knife boy is and knife boy is trained, then yes: knife wins.

If the shooter knows it's coming: shooter wins, barely

Shooter is using (my?) custom holsters: shooter wins, barely (safety off, weapon out, aim, shoot in 0.3 seconds flat)
Posted 16 September 2011 at 03:34

[QUOTE=SilverTabby]In an average situation where the shooter is using a standard holster and does not know where knife boy is and knife boy is trained, then yes: knife wins.

Shooter is using (my?) custom holsters: shooter wins, barely (safety off, weapon out, aim, shoot in 0.3 seconds flat)[/QUOTE]

agreed, ... knife boy!!! lol

when i played american football my good point always were my acceleration..

but knife boy was to fun..
Posted 16 September 2011 at 05:23

[QUOTE=SilverTabby]In an average situation where the shooter is using a standard holster and does not know where knife boy is and knife boy is trained, then yes: knife wins.

Shooter is using (my?) custom holsters: shooter wins, barely (safety off, weapon out, aim, shoot in 0.3 seconds flat)[/QUOTE]

and thx for correcting me english is not my main language
Posted 16 September 2011 at 05:25

[QUOTE=Portugaru]and thx for correcting me English is not my main language[/QUOTE]

Español es mi segundo lengua. Sé que esta' yendo a través de
(pero su lengua es portugués, ?así quien sabe que estoy diciendo? :D)

No worries. I use a Spanish dictionary plugin para revisar mi Español cuando necesito.

Despite this, I posses a minor problem relating to the application of superfluous diction across a multitude of situations [read: I use too many big words/uso demasiado palabras largos].

You have a strong understanding of English, much more than most non-native speakers I see.
Get this: we understand you! It is amazing! There is a slight sense that English is your second language, but it is smaller than normal. (that is a complement!)
Posted 16 September 2011 at 11:42

[QUOTE=SilverTabby]Español es mi segundo lengua. Sé que esta' yendo a través de
(pero su lengua es portugués, ?así quien sabe que estoy diciendo? :D)

No worries. I use a Spanish dictionary plugin para revisar mi Español cuando necesito.

Despite this, I posses a minor problem relating to the application of superfluous diction across a multitude of situations [read: I use too many big words/uso demasiado palabras largos].

You have a strong understanding of English, much more than most non-native speakers I see.
Get this: we understand you! It is amazing! There is a slight sense that English is your second language, but it is smaller than normal. (that is a complement!)[/QUOTE]

si hablo un poco. es mi tercera lengua!!!

so about flash and double strike, seems to be aswered ain't it?
Posted 16 September 2011 at 14:20

Feisty aren't we lol.

Who's to say I'd even be relatively close to you anyways.
Posted 18 September 2011 at 22:31

When it comes to two people that know what they are doing, according to some tests, 7 times out of 10 the knife wins if the gun and knife are both pointed at the ground before they start.
I should also mention the setting was an ally way, and the distance was between 8 and 10 feet.
Posted 19 September 2011 at 01:48

The topic of this REALLY changed lol.
Posted 19 September 2011 at 09:29

:D It has.
Posted 22 September 2011 at 18:50