Discussion Forum

cabal coffers question

When you play cabal coffers are the :manab:s it creates count as swamps you control for that turn? Say if you play it with a card that says you get +1/+1 for each swamp you control, and you have 5 swamps. Do you get +10/+10?
Posted 16 September 2011 at 00:52

[QUOTE=maverick0524]When you play cabal coffers are the :manab:s it creates count as swamps you control for that turn? Say if you play it with a card that says you get +1/+1 for each swamp you control, and you have 5 swamps. Do you get +10/+10?[/QUOTE]

No. Cabal coffers does not affect swamps or the number of swaps you have.

Cabal coffers does one thing: it taps for mana. The amount of mana it creates varies.

:manab: is not the same as a swamp
:manab: is energy. Swamps create the energy. Cabal coffers is an alternate energy source.

If cabal coffer created swamps, then that would be the same as saying turning on a light bulb creates a generator.
Posted 16 September 2011 at 02:57

I hate how some new players confuse mana for swamps/islands/etc.

Think of mana as a unit of...anything. Pixie dust and sunshine for all I care. Lands are the container, mana is the actual content SO for tapping a land for mana, you don't get any additional swamps, you get additional BLACK FUCKING PIXIE DUST >:[

Pardon my language, I'm only trying to be humorous.
Posted 18 September 2011 at 22:34