Discussion Forum

Mythic Zoo

I'm heading over to a Modern tournament tonight and I was fooling around with this mythic list. As a last minute change I've added red to it for better matchup against these turn 2 kill blazing shoal decks. I also put bribery in side against the many decks running broken big creatures like eldrazy and progenitus.
I have done no testing with the list (because I know noone who plays the format) but in theory it looks good :)

here my list:

Land (24)
3x Arid Mesa
1x Breeding Pool
2x Forest
1x Ghost Quarter
1x Hallowed Fountain
1x Island
4x Misty Rainforest
1x Mountain
1x Plains
1x Sejiri Steppe
1x Steam Vents
2x Stomping Ground
1x Temple Garden
4x Verdant Catacombs

Creature (20)
2x Birds of Paradise
1x Gaddock Teeg
4x Knight of the Reliquary
4x Lotus Cobra
4x Noble Hierarch
1x Qasali Pridemage
4x Sovereigns of Lost Alara

Instant (11)
4x Lightning Bolt
3x Lightning Helix
4x Spell Pierce

Enchantment (2)
2x Eldrazi Conscription

Sorcery (3)
3x Green Sun's Zenith

Sideboard (15)
1x Gaddock Teeg
3x Meddling Mage
3x Bribery
4x Path to Exile
1x Qasali Pridemage
3x Torpor Orb
Posted 16 September 2011 at 14:31

this deck was sooo broken. It was a 3 round tournament and I won every round with2-0 for first place

I defeated a birthing pod combo deck round 1, round 2 I defeated a monowhite soulsister lifegain deck. I had to play through 3 path to exiles game 1 which was hard.

last round and finale I played against a pyromancer ascencion/empty the warrens combo deck. game one I played spell pierce to his ascention and I followed up with green sun's zenith and fetched gaddock Teeg for the win.
game two I sided in meddling mage and my second teeg. turn 2 meddling mage on empty the warrens won me the game.
Posted 16 September 2011 at 22:33

This does look good man. I remember the Bant-Conscription deck back during that short time where we had both Alara and RoE...man that was a fun period of time (JundVine anyone :D).

This is an interesting "Zoo...ish" take on the Bant-Conscription design with the added touch of red...I like it =]
Posted 16 September 2011 at 23:02

thanks man!

The format is just busted, it's true what the pro's are saying, that it is legacy without the cards to hold it in check (wasteland, misstep, force...)
Imagine Adding red to an already 3 color deck in legacy, it would be suicide. In modern, it's no problem :)

red bant, good times:)

I had fun playing Meddling mage, it's been so long since the card had a place to shine.
Posted 17 September 2011 at 08:32

This looks great man! I just wanna do my own thing in modern, you know? Gut Shot is a good SB card for those infect/Blazing Shoal decks, especially since you don't need life against them.
Posted 20 September 2011 at 18:05