Discussion Forum

Artifacts

I have an artifact.. it says whenever an opponent casts a summoning spell they lose 2 life.. but they can tap 2 colorless mana to prevent the 2 life loss.

If i had 2 of those artificts played does that man they lose 4 life and tap for mana or is it still considered 1 mana.

Also another question.. regarding Drifting shade, where you tap a swamp to boost its attack power to +1/+1. when you tap mana to make it strong is that consider a spell or just an ability?
Posted 19 September 2011 at 04:06

[QUOTE=Kao007]I have an artifact.. it says whenever an opponent casts a summoning spell they lose 2 life.. but they can tap 2 colorless mana to prevent the 2 life loss.

If i had 2 of those artifacts played does that mean they lose 4 life and tap four mana or is it still considered 1 mana.

Also another question.. regarding Drifting shade, where you pay one black mana to boost its attack power to +1/+1. when you pay mana to make it strong is that consider a spell or just an ability?[/QUOTE]

Yes, having two of the artifacts out doubles the effect. Each artifact acts independently of the other one.

Drifting Shade's +1/+1 is an ability, not a spell.

The biggest difference between the +1/+1 ability and a spell is the fact that there is no card attached to the ability. Yes, the ability affects a card(Drifting Shade), but the ability is not a card in and of itself -- the +1/+1 is a bit of text attached something, not a fully realized card.
Posted 19 September 2011 at 06:23