Discussion Forum

Landfall madness

This deck I made is pretty experimental but it may show promise. Gonna need second opinions to see though.

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=235320

PS. I know there is no sideboard. I haven't thought of anything to put there yet.
Posted 20 September 2011 at 18:45

Wow, is the deck so bad that you won't even say anything?
Posted 22 September 2011 at 17:42

That's hardly fair, some people don't comment immediately. I don't know about the deck concept without testing it, but it definitely feels like there aren't nearly enough lands for this sort of idea. 21's like a combo deck number, a mana ramp number is more like 25-27.
Posted 22 September 2011 at 19:25

Do realize that I've waited for like 2 days for a reply. Normally a topic gets at least one within 1 day. From what I see anyways.
Posted 22 September 2011 at 19:55

I have two deck posts in the modern section, did you bother to reply to even one of them? I reply to lot of posts here and 90% of those posts get no response from the orgininal poster, they just post and never come back to the forum. So now I only reply to decks that really interest me or to people who are active on the forum and reply to posts instead of just starting them. I saw your deck, it's fun, not very good but fun I guess, I didn't feel like I would be doing much helping by postng that but since you insist.

Ps: the land count is just fine, maybe 22 would be slightly more correct as you need the first 3 landdrops to get started with your ramping. playing 25-27 like Loki suggest would cripple your build.
Posted 22 September 2011 at 21:30

I do try to be active, though sometimes it's harder to do than I think sometimes.
I read both of your threads btw, just couldn't think of anything to say at that moment, that's all.
Posted 23 September 2011 at 11:28

I'd add 1-2x Dryad Arbor and 2x Khalni Garden to bring you up to 24x lands without dedicating too much more of your deck exclusively to lands. The Arbors are creatures themselves, and even better the Khalni Garden generates creatures whenever it comes into play.
Posted 23 September 2011 at 19:16

[QUOTE=SavajCabbaj]I'd add 1-2x Dryad Arbor and 2x Khalni Garden to bring you up to 24x lands without dedicating too much more of your deck exclusively to lands. The Arbors are creatures themselves, and even better the Khalni Garden generates creatures whenever it comes into play.[/QUOTE]

Hmm...could work. I'll look into it.
Posted 23 September 2011 at 21:04

I wouldn't overload it with etb tapped lands (enters the battlefield tapped), but the Khalni Gardens especially work well with Moonfolk. Usually when you bounce a land back to your hand you'll want to be able to use it for mana, but the Gardens also provide chump blockers, which is a life saver when you're in a pinch :)
Posted 24 September 2011 at 02:19

I would reccomend running fewer basic lands and more nonbasic (especially if you are gonna be running landfall, fetchlands like misty rainforest and terramorphic expanse) are great choices. Also, knight of the reliquary should be in any GW deck that likes landgrab.

A few other choices would be cards like Lotus cobra and (of course) primeval titan, since they increase your own ability to ramp up. Lastly, cards like Liege of the tangle would be a great (and really cheap) win condition alongside the rampaging baloths, since they are big and have trample, and you don't need to get the landfall proc. Anyway, Just a few suggestions that I'd give.
Posted 29 September 2011 at 19:39