Discussion Forum

Red deck Sugggestions?

Hey all,

I have a lot of red, and I really don't know what to do with it. I'm open for any suggestions...

Also, I'm kinda new to the whole MTG scene, so go easy on me, please.

If any one wants, I can post a list of the red cards I have to make for easier suggestions.

Thanks in advance for the help!

-Neo
Posted 24 September 2011 at 20:31

Well most red decks go for burn, as that's what its known for. Is that what your wanting to do?
Posted 25 September 2011 at 05:03

I don't know exactly how burn works... I basically just read the gameplay manuals and that's it.
I don't know much of anything, really.
Now, it should be mentioned that I have almost 2,000 cards altogether (including red, green, white, blue, black, and colorless). I simply want to make the best deck I can with what I've got,
Again, I appreciate any help offered.

Thanks,
-Neo
Posted 26 September 2011 at 02:47

If you wanna do red burn find cards that deal damage to players & creatures (mainly players). The less it costs the better nothing over like 3. Creatures need to either hit and leave play or do damage w/ effects. Burn is easy like green beater decks. Just remember by turn 5 they sould be dead or at like 1 otherwise you should try again. Look at burn here and try to emulate LIGHTNING BOLT is a must have and if you don't they are cheap & common.
Posted 26 September 2011 at 06:29

I was actually hoping for something more specific... I mean, here I have a ton of cards, and I want to build decks, but I don't know how or really even what to start with. And once I start building, how do I know where to go?

How about some specific examples of good cards to use in a burn deck?
Posted 26 September 2011 at 22:57

Alright its like the other guy said burn is direct, non combat damge to a targey or creature. Basically do that, but you'll want cards that work well together, that's synergy. Say you have a... his name escapes me. But he's 4/3 elemental and whenever you play a spell like lightning bolt he'll double that damage, that's six. Now play a reverberate right after, that lets you copy target spell. Copy that lightning bolt. BOOM!! You just dealt 12 damage to your opponent in one turn with only 3 mana, provided the elemental was already out. Here take a look at my deck http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=236532 now I'm not trying to brag but it has proved to be a good deck and that's because its pure synergy almost every card can work with all the others. That's what you want to go for and you'll have to do some research.
Posted 27 September 2011 at 02:38

Okay... So how many of these Cards should i have in one deck? I think four Lightning bolts would work. I found that creature you were talking about. It's a Fire Servant. Okay, I think I got the general gist of it...

I'll post again later on with the cards I think might work.

Okay, I got the following together:
4x Staggershock
3x Goblin Arsonist
4x Shock
3x Fire Servant
1x Lust For War
4x Lightning Bolt
1x Blaze
4x Burst Lightning
2x Banefire
4x Chandra's Outrage
4x Galvanic Blast