Discussion Forum

sundial of the infinite

(post rotation) my friend say that you can permanently keep the geist of saint taft's tokens if you use sundial of the infinite after damage is dealt. I was wondering if it's true, and if it is as next turn rolls around and you attack again do have to remove both the tokens or just one if you do not activate the sundial
Posted 27 September 2011 at 00:33

Not sure if it's right but I believe the 4/4 Angel token getting exiled at end of combat is what's called a delayed trigger effect (someone used that term a lot in the last discussion involving Sundial). To my knowledge it would work as when you're transitioning from the combat damage step into the second main phase, the "Exile that token at end of combat" effect goes on the stack THEN you end your turn with the sundial, exiling the ability from the stack meaning the token stays.
Posted 27 September 2011 at 04:04

What Scotty1700 says is correct. Any delayed triggered ability that says a creature is to be exiled goes on the stack at some point in the turn. Sundial removes everything from the stack so the ability won't resolve. Because the effect has triggered it won't trigger again and the token stays.
Posted 27 September 2011 at 08:04