Discussion Forum

Gideon Planewalker

I have this card Gideon something that has numbers on the left handside bottom of the card.
What to do they mean and what does that card actually do?
Posted 29 September 2011 at 01:45

Bro the full name makes it a trillion times easier. Luckily it has to be Gideon Jura, if it were chandra.....yeah....

He's a planeswalker, in short. The number in the bottom right is his starting loyalty. Every turn (even the turn he's played) he can use one of the 3 listed abilities (as long as you have the number of ability counters to activate it. You can't -2 gideon if he only has 1 loyalty counter.)

All 3 abilities are self explanatory, but a small note on his last "0" ability is even though he can immediately use an ability of your choice the turn he comes out, he still has summoning sickness and therefore cannot attack if you turn him into a 6/6 with his last ability.

Your opponents can declare their creatures as attacking gideon (like his +2 ability suggests) meaning during their declare attack step, they swing at gideon rather than at you, think of him almost as a second player. X damage takes off X loyalty counters of course and instants, sorceries, and other abilities that target a PLAYER (cannot target only creatures) can be targeted to you, then redirected to Gideon so in short I can basically lightning bolt Gideon (even though I have to say I'm redirecting it through you).
Posted 29 September 2011 at 03:39

Just in case it wasn't clear, if Gideon's loyalty ever hits 0 (or less) then he's put into the graveyard.
Posted 29 September 2011 at 07:04

Thank you for the REsponse.. So basically.. if he gets hit for 6 dmg his loyalty becomes 0? And he gets put into the graveyard?
Posted 29 September 2011 at 11:48

so basically the numbers on the left hand side.. you can just announce what your doing? or do hyou have to pay something to use the ability. Thats what confuses me.
Posted 29 September 2011 at 12:38

read this: http://www.wizards.com/Magic/TCG/Article.aspx?x=magic/planeswalkers/week4
Posted 29 September 2011 at 13:21

OMG so confusing.. Guess i'm not gonna be playing any plainswaker anyhtime soon..
Posted 29 September 2011 at 17:27

to try and make it sound a little simpler, the number on the bottom right, is the number of loyalty counters the planeswalker starts with. the numbers on the left, u either add or subract the set number, ex. +2 means u add 2 loyalty counters or -1 meaning u subtract 1 counter. no mana or anything has to be paid for the abilities to be used, just the adding or subraction of counters
Posted 20 December 2011 at 20:35