Discussion Forum

A new way to FoW

So I've been arguing forever with a friend of mine about the relative power level of Dungrove Elder. He says that Dungrove's just are too slow for any format, while I feel like (in the right deck and situation) the little guy could be stronger than even Goyf.

I played around with the editor and came up with this variation on the No FoW archetype. If anyone has any suggestions or feedback about this deck, please leave comments and I hope that you can help me with (maybe win?) this little debate! Thanks a million!

~Ulimortus.

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=238376
Posted 29 September 2011 at 17:21

Is No FoW a joke term?

Your friend is 100% correct about Dungrove Elder. Legacy is a very land unfriendly format, land gets shot down as much as creatures. Also he is a 3 drop so you can never compare him to goyf which is a 5/6 most of the time for 2 and sometimes he gets even bigger.

You have to compare him with the rest of the big 3 drops in legacy:

- Terravore: Absolutly Huge and Tramples
- Countryside Crusher: Absolutly Huge, doesn't have shroud but gets bigger then Dungrove in a shell that is build to crush land
- Knight of the Reliquary: Huge and a toolbox that can be abused like crazy with Maze of Ith

Dungrove Elder isn't even legacy worthy.
In the comming MMless meta you'll need FoW more then ever! and Goyf :)
Posted 30 September 2011 at 07:28

I do agree that dungroves are prob too slow for legacy but in standard mono-green they're pretty good
Posted 28 January 2012 at 11:49