Discussion Forum

Deck Advice

Hey everyone -

I get together with some friends to play Magic on wednesdays. These aren't special games by any means, its just a bunch of us playing games. I am in the process of making a zombie deck, and put together one on this site. Can I get some feedback on it? Thanks! Deck follows :

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=238902

Creatures
2x Undead Warchief
2x Boneknitter
2x Soulless One
2x Lord of the Undead
2x Death Baron
3x Cemetery Reaper
1x Grave Titan
4x Diregraf Ghoul
2x Grimgrin, Corpse-Born

Enchantments
2x Night Dealings
2x Zombie Infestation
1x Rooftop Storm
3x Endless Ranks of the Dead

Land
2x Lake of the Dead
4x Drowned Catacomb
2x Island
14x Swamp
Spells
3x Dark Ritual
3x Diabolic Tutor
2x Doom Blade
2x Army of the Damned
Posted 04 October 2011 at 13:15

Korlash, Heir to Blackblade is a great zombie and a good way to accelerate your mana base (you must play 4). Discarding him to get 2 land into play and then sending him back to your hand with Lord of the Undead is always fun and you need ways to abuse all that land.

Land Abuse:

- Loxodon Warhammer on Korlash
- Corrupt and Tendrils of Corruption
- Ob Nixilis, the Fallen
Posted 04 October 2011 at 14:44

I'm liking the Korlash. Even without the swamp advantage cards, its a good card to get a good amount of mana to finance my higher mana cards. What would I get rid of to put 4 of him into my deck though?

Marcin
Posted 04 October 2011 at 16:32

well if you are playing a vintage build i like using cabal coffers at three for the black mana boost and solemn simulacrum and extraplanar lens as a black mana ramp, but thats only for vintage i believe
Posted 04 October 2011 at 23:03

[QUOTE=Jameson0830]well if you are playing a vintage build i like using cabal coffers at three for the black mana boost and solemn simulacrum and extraplanar lens as a black mana ramp, but thats only for vintage i believe[/QUOTE]

actually it's called casual, it's vintage and legacy legal but not vintage and legacy playable. Just casual :)

[QUOTE=Bob5602;28988]I'm liking the Korlash. Even without the swamp advantage cards, its a good card to get a good amount of mana to finance my higher mana cards. What would I get rid of to put 4 of him into my deck though?

Marcin[/QUOTE]

I created a quick list, probably far from optimized but it should kick ass at the kitchen table...

1 Drain Life
1 Profane Command

4 Undead Warchief
4 Korlash, Heir to Blackblade
1 Ob Nixilis, the Fallen
3 Lord of the Undead
2 Zombie Master
1 Grave Titan
2 Vengeful Dead

4 Dark Ritual
4 Mind Stone
1 Loxodon Warhammer
4 Phyrexian Arena
3 Tendrils of Corruption
1 Endless Ranks of the Dead
1 Army of the Damned
1 Beseech the Queen

2 Urborg Tomb of Yawgmoth
1 Cabal Coffers
20 Swamp
Posted 05 October 2011 at 07:06

I didn't update my list here, but I am thinking of getting some of those tombs of yargmoth or whatever they're called. Sweet cards. Gonna see what happens when I run this deck but if I end up needing more swamps, I'm going to have to pick up at least 1 of those tombs.
Posted 11 October 2011 at 15:47