Discussion Forum

Target player

When it says target player sacrifeces a creature. Can you sacrifice your own creature?

I have another card called Call to the Grave. At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player sacrifices a non-Zombie creature.

At the beginning of the end step, if no creatures are on the battlefield, sacrifice Call to the Grave.

Do I get to keep this card out there even tho I have zombies? Or do I sacrifice it becuase there are no zombies creature out there.
Posted 07 October 2011 at 01:42

When a player casts a spell, that player chooses all appropriate targets as described by the card's rules text. If a player casts Geth's Verdict, that player chooses a target player, then that player chooses which creature he or she wishes to sacrifice. Most cards are very literal like this.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by your second question. Call to the Grave, just like Geth's Verdict, does exactly what it says: At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player sacrifices a creature. Then, at the beginning of your end step Call to the Grave checks to see if there are any creatures on the battlefield (regardless of creature type, notice the text only mentions the card supertype "creature") -- if there are no creatures on the battlefield, you sacrifice Call to the Grave.
Posted 07 October 2011 at 03:21

It says sacrifice a NONZOMBIE creature.. i have zombie creatures..
Posted 07 October 2011 at 03:24

So basically that card sits out there as long as I have creatures including with or without zombies.. right? Sorry 'm so new to this..
Posted 07 October 2011 at 03:27

The card does not specify it has to be zombies or non zombies so if you have a zombie in play, it constitutes well...a creature in play and you can keep your Call to the Grave.
Posted 07 October 2011 at 04:39

Ok, I figured it, but my friend said no, I had to get rid of it cuase there were no more non-zombie creatures in battlefield.
Posted 07 October 2011 at 07:12

[QUOTE=Kao007]Ok, I figured it, but my friend said no, I had to get rid of it cuase there were no more non-zombie creatures in battlefield.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Call to the Grave]At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player sacrifices a non-Zombie creature.

At the beginning of the end step, if no creatures are on the battlefield, sacrifice Call to the Grave.[/QUOTE]

If you have a zombie creature, you don't have to sacrifice the zombie creature to Call's effect.

A zombie creature is a creature, therefore you don't have to sacrifice Call to the Grave.

Call to the Grave is a big "I win" card for zombie decks.
Posted 07 October 2011 at 14:50