Discussion Forum

Fun little Lifegain Deck

Hey I was practicing deckbuilding options, and I came across this combo for infinite life leading to decent card advantage and winning the game either by smacking the opponent down or by burning them by using my infinite life gain to beat the opponent down or burn them down. The hope is to make this deck as flexible as possible, in order to take on as many opponents as possible without needing to sideboard too much.

Please leave comments and suggestions for potential changes/additions, thanks! :)

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=246345
Posted 13 October 2011 at 20:08

my friend plays a version of melira/persist abuse with the finks and slime but also has Murderous Redcap for the direct win.

it's quite brutal.
Posted 13 October 2011 at 21:01

[QUOTE=Seras]my friend plays a version of melira/persist abuse with the finks and slime but also has Murderous Redcap for the direct win.

it's quite brutal.[/QUOTE]

My friend does too, but I haven't lost a "round" against it. In other words, I beat him 2-1.
Posted 14 October 2011 at 05:43

Did I miss something or does this deck only pack 2xBloodthrone Vampire as sacrifice outlet? How do you win with only that? It's totally unrealistic.

I've played against the pod version of the combo which I think has far more going for it and I destroyed it with ease.

If I were to play this I would look into Aether Vial and Grand Abolisher. I would also play birthing pod for sure. It's to good not to use.
Posted 14 October 2011 at 07:12

There, I moved some things around a bit, added in a second wincondition with the redcap and pod for fetch. What do you guys think about dark tutelage? I'm liking it less and less with my playtests, but I can't think of a draw engine that would work better than him.
Posted 14 October 2011 at 17:24