Discussion Forum

Blue/Green Enchanting Deck :: Any comments?

Hi Guys,

I'm a bit new to this so I'd like to have advise of experienced player about this deck and how I could make it better.

So far, I know it's not too bad against milling deck.

What do you think?

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=248271

Thank you
Posted 17 October 2011 at 14:52

It seems like this deck would be pretty fun in casual, but if you are looking for tournament play, it seems a bit risky and slow to me. All it takes is one day of judgment and you have lost everything and (though you have some recurrance) you wouldn't have many ways of picking up tempo after such a board wipe.

Also, I would drop the golgari rot farm and the nettlevine blight, especially since you only have access to one Black mana source in the entire deck and the blight requires two black mana to even cast.

I would say you would be better running White Blue aura's with bodies like Geist of St. traft and invisible stalker (hexproof creatures who are relatively difficult to remove and block) and buff them with the most powerful defensive aura's like Angelic Destiny; as well as really powerful defensive auras like pacifism and arrest.

This would also give you access to things like oblivion ring and other removal to prevent the opponent from gathering tempo over you while you buff your unblockable/hexproof creatures to deal lethal.
Posted 18 October 2011 at 21:50

Thanks Ulimortus,

I find your advice very good.

About the Day of Judgment, I noticed that, as long as I have a lot of enchantments in my graveyard, all I'd need to do if put 1 creature back on play and use Retether. If I don't have it, I usually have a Woodland Guidance in my hand ready to go get it.

But I do get your point, it would be hard to come back in other situations.

I mostly do casual playing. I don't think I am yet ready to go kick ass in tournament. That is why I find your comment extremely useful! I thank you for it!

I'll see what I can do about those white enchantments. As for pacifism and arrest, I can put them in anytime.

Cheers
Posted 18 October 2011 at 23:14