Discussion Forum

Need help with a few questions.

Ok, last night i made a new deck, which is mono red, and i have a few questions.

(Example+setup)

I have a Pyromancer Ascention already on my side of the field and lets say i've i have the two counters needed to be able to use it's ability.

With this sead, forgive me if this gets confusing. I then play Lighning Bolt, then two copys of Reverberate... with this done... is it possable to keep bouncing this cards one after the other to do a loop of damage?
Posted 28 October 2011 at 21:34

I would be able to work out a solution as to exactly how much damage it does but I'm sorta unsure as I'm pretty sure you can't copy a copy of a spell...
Posted 29 October 2011 at 02:36

[QUOTE=Scotty1700]I would be able to work out a solution as to exactly how much damage it does but I'm sorta unsure as I'm pretty sure you can't copy a copy of a spell...[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing to be honest, but wanted to double check just to make sure before i play this deck and make my self look like a over all dumb A**. :p
Posted 29 October 2011 at 07:10

Pyromancer Ascension only copies spells you cast. It does copy copies of spells if the original copy was cast (for example, via Isochron Scepter); however, copies are only cast is the source of the copy says "cast the copy..." (Okay, I said copy quite a few times, I hope that made sense).

Now, if you cast Reverberate with a fully charged Pyromancer Ascension, PA would copy Reverberate and you could choose new targets for that copy. You can continue to choose the original Reverberate to make infinite new copies; however, each new copy would have to be "spent" to create a new copy. Ergo, the net result would be the same as if you had simply targeted another spell, such as Lightning Bolt, with each of the original Reverberates plus PA's copies.

In other words, you have 1 fully charged PA, and you cast 1 Lightning Bolt and 2 Reverberates -- giving you 2 Lightning Bolts and 4 Reverberates. No matter what you do, the end result will always be 2 Lightning Bolts and 4 Reverberates free to choose a target to copy (which in this case, would net 6 Lightning Bolts).

Hope this helps!
Posted 29 October 2011 at 18:27

but if you had a second PA could you get an infinite combo?
Posted 29 October 2011 at 21:30

[QUOTE=randombum]but if you had a second PA could you get an infinite combo?[/QUOTE]

No. The text on Pyromancer Ascension is

[QUOTE]Whenever you cast a spell...[/QUOTE]

Creating a copy of a spell is not considered casting it. If copying a spell is the same as casting it, then Grapeshot and all of the storm mechanics would never-ending infinite loop on themselves, and the same goes for PA and other copy effects.
Posted 30 October 2011 at 14:11

thanks, it recently came up with us too.

how do you get the I am Red/Blue things?
Posted 30 October 2011 at 21:30

[QUOTE=randombum]thanks, it recently came up with us too.

how do you get the I am Red/Blue things?[/QUOTE]

I got mine from this quiz, but a quick google search will find others.

The one I linked (I think) always spits out enemy color images, there's another that always returns allied colors, and the official wizards test only answers with a single color. I think I once found a test with higher production value images as well.
Posted 01 November 2011 at 06:27

ok thanks again:)
Posted 02 November 2011 at 04:05