Discussion Forum

Nissa's Elves, help.

This is my current :manag::manab: elf deck (very unfinished), i am posting it as it is now not as i wish it was but as i get new idears from you i will change it with cards i dont have.

Sadly money is a problem so plz don't tell me to put in anything expensive, i do want to put in imperious perfect and immaculate magistrate and i may get some but they are the only things i dont have and will get that are over $5 unless it's realy good.

the deck is based around taping creatures to do things then untaping them with things like Quest for Renewal.

also i am building it around a theme so no blatantly good elves.
Posted 31 October 2011 at 23:31

I would bump up your swamp number to 3 or 4, and would reccomend maybe running Oracle of Mul Daya to help with land ramp. Also, I would reccomend running a few Rhys Exiled to maximize your threat, since he can regenerate and he gains you (potentially) massive amounts of life. Maybe also some spot removal like Maelstrom Pulse or even doom blade would be a decent choice. Looks fun for a casual build, elves are always entertaining.
Posted 01 November 2011 at 19:23

oracle of mul daya is a bit high cmc for only ramping. i will add another 2 elvish archdruids 1 rhys (no point geting 2 legendarys when i will mostly be tutoring for them anyway with elvish harabinger) 1 go for the throat 2 doom blade and 4 woodland cemetary.
i also swiched swamps for forests. the reason i didnt have them earlier is that i would usualy tutor for my 1 black card with elvish harabinger then tap it for the :manab:.
among the cards i have taken out is Nath this is because he doesnt tap to activate his ability and by the time he is on the feild it wont be long until he stops generateing elves.
Posted 02 November 2011 at 04:28

The reason why I like the oracle is not for the ramp (though that is good) but instead for the controlling the top deck. No one likes top deck drawing 3 lands and not being able to do much else. With the oracle, you can suck lands off the top of your deck and draw more useful things. Though looking again at your mana base, that *shouldn't* be much of an issue, so I understand where you are coming from. Also: Have you considered tossing in a few Beastmaster ascension? It allows for a pretty potent finisher if ezuri get's extracted... just a thought.
Posted 02 November 2011 at 06:45

omg perfect i have been looking for something to cheeper then coat of arms that does the same job, so ive added 3 Beastmaster ascension for 2 copperhorn scout and 1 coat of arms
Posted 02 November 2011 at 22:21

allso i have exchanged rhys and timberwatch elf for imperious perfects, they may co$t a bit but its just to awsome.
Posted 03 November 2011 at 00:08