Discussion Forum

does tapping braids cause her to turn off

Can someone tell me if this works

i just casted braids of cabaul minion i have icy manipulator in play i have used 3 of 4 mana i end my turn it comes back to my turn
during my upkeep i tap one mana tap icy tapping braids does that shut off her ablity allowing me not to sac anything.
Posted 03 November 2011 at 23:19

anyone know were in the middel of a game were taking a break in the hopes of a awnser
Posted 03 November 2011 at 23:37

no, her ability is static, all abilitys that dont require tapping can alwase be activeated unless an external scource does not allow it. but you could, for example, cast turn to frog on it and the ability wouldn't triger.
Posted 03 November 2011 at 23:45

To add to that, there are cases where the card specifies if being tapped matters. For example, something might say "as long as ___ is untapped _____ happens".

Hope that clears things up :D
Posted 04 November 2011 at 03:20

[QUOTE=randombum]no, her ability is static, all abilitys that dont require tapping can alwase be activeated unless an external scource does not allow it. but you could, for example, cast turn to frog on it and the ability wouldn't triger.[/QUOTE]

Actually, the only time you could cast Turn to Frog is when it triggers, so it will still happen. You can, however, use Stifle or Trickbind on the ability.
Posted 04 November 2011 at 04:19

[QUOTE=dagbaker]Actually, the only time you could cast Turn to Frog is when it triggers, so it will still happen. You can, however, use Stifle or Trickbind on the ability.[/QUOTE]

yeah Isochron scepter + Stifle :)

Just use something that creates free tokens like Awakening Zone and sac them to Braids
Posted 04 November 2011 at 07:54

[QUOTE=Seth]yeah Isochron scepter + Stifle :)[/QUOTE]

I personally prefer using Azorius Guildmage, but she's a huge removal magnet. I think Isochron Scepters deserve something more exploitable.
Posted 05 November 2011 at 03:45