Discussion Forum

Duel Challenge Legacy

Good afternoon

The magic chess gave me an idea.

The idea is the same but with the same decks( infinite decks )

So i will start imagine there are two players playing legacy Player A has a RUG deck, and Player B is Playing WUB deck
They roll the dice and player A gets 20 and B gets 10 Player A chooses To start

Player A hand Mountain Taiga Kird Ape Tropical Island Birds of paradise Windswept Heath and counterspell

Player B hand Polluted Delta Flooded Strand shadowmage infiltrator dark ritual Brainstorm Plain and Vindicate

Know the fun part is that the next person to post says what players A does and the next after that says what player B draws and do but cant be the same person who said what player A did.

You choose what cards came next choose anything and don't tell in your post what you intend to do just say the move and pass the play to another.

I will start with player A

Taiga-tap
Kird Ape
Pass
Posted 09 November 2011 at 13:10

flooded strand, tap, sac, lose 1, pull island, play Brainstorm, draw Mystic Snake, Hoverground Sweepers, and Hunting Ground, put dark ritual on top, with polluted delta on top of that.

Pass turn.
Posted 15 November 2011 at 07:12

(Curses silently because we just gave up a possible turn two Counterspell by playing the wrong land which can mean a loss against combo. Cool challenge though!!!)

Untap

Draw Ponder

Main 1: Play Tropical

Combat: Swing for 2

Main 2: Play Ponder, see TarmoGoyf, Jace The Mindsculptor, Brainstorm. Arrange: Goyf (top), Brainstorm, Jace. Draw Goyf

Pass Turn
Posted 15 November 2011 at 09:51

[QUOTE=pichu676]flooded strand, tap, sac, lose 1, pull island, play Brainstorm, draw Mystic Snake, Hoverground Sweepers, and Hunting Ground, put dark ritual on top, with polluted delta on top of that.

Pass turn.[/QUOTE]

Big Problem, the player B deck is splicit black blue white, mystic snake is green hunting grounds is green also and i dont know what Hoverground Sweepers is maybe you mean Hoverguard Sweepers. please redo these two draws please so i that i or someone else can put next play. penalty is no entomb draw...
Posted 15 November 2011 at 12:56

[QUOTE=Seth](Curses silently because we just gave up a possible turn two Counterspell by playing the wrong land which can mean a loss against combo. Cool challenge though!!!)

Untap

Draw Ponder

Main 1: Play Tropical

Combat: Swing for 2

Main 2: Play Ponder, see TarmoGoyf, Jace The Mindsculptor, Brainstorm. Arrange: Goyf (top), Brainstorm, Jace. Draw Goyf

Pass Turn[/QUOTE]

the turn 2 counterspell lockdown is on porpuse i wanted to see a brainstorm -> Mental misstep entomb exhume- gin gitaxias on turn 2 but wont happen has it was supposed, and on your turn i wanted to you to start another combo and when i read ponder i though he nows what a want but then i saw goyf :( so sad you choosed another deck.. lololol

and you could have played birds with taiga..

Thank you i also thought this could be so fun, but only two posted... and pichu posted green cards on a white blue black deck.... tomorrow afternoon if he hasn't changed his post i will post a change in the brainstorm
Posted 15 November 2011 at 13:02

[QUOTE=Portugaru]the turn 2 counterspell lockdown is on porpuse i wanted to see a brainstorm -> Mental misstep entomb exhume- gin gitaxias on turn 2 but wont happen has it was supposed, and on your turn i wanted to you to start another combo and when i read ponder i though he nows what a want but then i saw goyf :( so sad you choosed another deck.. lololol

and you could have played birds with taiga..

Thank you i also thought this could be so fun, but only two posted... and pichu posted green cards on a white blue black deck....[/QUOTE]

- Mental Mistep is banned

- A combo deck would not play Kird Ape, I suspected the deck being a Blue Zoo variant or Next Level Tresh. Jace and Goyf seem like the logical card choices. Ponder is nice to boost Goyf or set up for Delver of Secrets. It seemed to fit.

- I overlooked playing the bird which was a mistake. Still with an opponent playing fetch into island I would suspect him playing Merfolk and have Daze so I would have played ponder with a land open just in case. They would not daze a bird so I could have played it after that. Playing it would have been important for ramping into jace fast.

Anyway, I like this game, I want to continue!!!
Posted 15 November 2011 at 13:38

[QUOTE=Seth]- Mental Mistep is banned

- A combo deck would not play Kird Ape, I suspected the deck being a Blue Zoo variant or Next Level Tresh. Jace and Goyf seem like the logical card choices. Ponder is nice to boost Goyf or set up for Delver of Secrets. It seemed to fit.

- I overlooked playing the bird which was a mistake. Still with an opponent playing fetch into island I would suspect him playing Merfolk and have Daze so I would have played ponder with a land open just in case. They would not daze a bird so I could have played it after that. Playing it would have been important for ramping into jace fast.

Anyway, I like this game, I want to continue!!![/QUOTE]

Indeed mental misstep is banned .... well lets see were this goes...
Posted 15 November 2011 at 13:59