Discussion Forum

the drake, the mercenary and the jellyfish.

here's the link http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=260994
here's the list if your lazy:
x3 dual nature
x4 man o war
x4 peregrine drake
x4 highway robber
x4 farhaven elf
x2 wistfull selkie
x2 waterfront bouncer
x4 unsummon
x5 swamp
x5 island
x5 forest
the idea here is to play farhaven elfs and man o war again and again each turn to get enough land out to play dual nature. (should have it by turn 3 or 4) once you do it makes a copy of every creature that comes into play that retains all of it's abilities. now when you play peregrine drake it untaps 10 lands! (which you should have next turn if you drop the elfs again) you can play highway robber, the drake and the jelly fish over and over again for an infinite life drain! of course a counterspell of some sort can break this cycle, and i used to play in a counter heavy environment so i always had gravediggers in my deck as well.
Posted 16 November 2011 at 16:40

i know it is not going to win any tournaments as it is, i have been out of the loop since prophecy/invasion. if you think it's an interesting combo and have the cards available try it out, it's a lot of fun and i am sure improvements could be made to win some tournys with it.
Posted 16 November 2011 at 16:44

I'm going to move this over to legacy, as this deck hasn't been Standard-legal for some time. If you're looking for a Standard deck, I'd recommend starting a new thread with a similar idea.
Posted 16 November 2011 at 18:09