Discussion Forum

Isochron Battlesphere

Counters and returns for isochron.
Proteus staff with flayer husk and origin spellbomb to pull out battlesphere continuously, with some control as a crutch. Any ideas or suggestions to improve it would be greatly appreciated, so far its been pretty effective.

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=260110
Posted 18 November 2011 at 09:30

making this deck archetype is a phase most magic players go through lol...but in the long run, playing isochron+counterspell/echoing truth will probably end in no one wanting to play with you.. it's incredibly boring/frustrating to play against.

if you do want to play this then add Tezzeret, his ability to fetch and untap the scepters is very very strong.
Posted 18 November 2011 at 18:35

yea it is frustrating, i know that as ive faced quite a few decks like this, but ive had 4 isochron scepters and 4 counterspells for the longest time and have been trying to create a deck around it. I wanted to throw my own twist to it with proteus staff and the battlespheres. This seemed like the best way to do it. Everyone for sure creates at least one deck that will mostly piss everyone off. The people i play with adapt real easy and thats mostly the reason I created this deck, they create a deck thats extremely frustrating to play against and i create one to get around it and vice versa. With proteus staff, i have my 4 battlespheres that is the main point of this deck and my 2 control creatures, but any ideas for creature swap outs or add ins? and tezzeret, is he all blue? or is he the black/blue one?
Posted 18 November 2011 at 19:03

Tezzeret the Seeker, the mono-blue one.

as for creatures, i'd probly swap out the husks for some hovermyrs
Posted 18 November 2011 at 19:07

The only reason i have the husks in there instead of regular smaller creatures was for the proteus staff to only pull out my big creatures instead of accidentally coming across a small one. and Ill have to try and get a tezzeret, what could i take out for him?
Posted 18 November 2011 at 19:26