Discussion Forum

Redirecting deathtouch

Hello guys, I wish to apologize in advance if there is already a thread about this topic, but I was unable to find it.

Recently I have been using the old en-kor (stronghold) cards to redirect all damage to another create.

My question is that if I redirect damage from say shaman en-kor to another creature say wall of hope. The opponent attacks with a 1-1 death touch creature. My En-kor recieves no damage as it took no damage. Would the wall of hope die due to my opponents creature having death touch or does it survive ?

Thanks for the info and I hope that my post wasn't confusing.
Posted 20 November 2011 at 12:07

[QUOTE=shadowhide01]Hello guys, I wish to apologize in advance if there is already a thread about this topic, but I was unable to find it.

Recently I have been using the old en-kor (stronghold) cards to redirect all damage to another create.

My question is that if I redirect damage from say Shaman en-kor to another creature say wall of hope. The opponent attacks with a 1-1 death touch creature. My En-kor recieves no damage as it took no damage. Would the Wall of Hope die due to my opponents creature having death touch or does it survive ?

Thanks for the info and I hope that my post wasn't confusing.[/QUOTE]

Death touch (more or less) means
[QUOTE]1 damage dealt by this source is considered lethal damage.[/QUOTE]

When Shaman en-kor redirects 1 death touch damage to Wall of Hope, the damage is still attached to the death touch source.

Wall of Hope will die because it received at least 1 death touch damage.
Shaman en-kor will live because it took 0 damage, or "no damage."
Posted 20 November 2011 at 23:41

Thanks for the info, its what I suspected but never hurts to get others opinions.
Posted 21 November 2011 at 11:48