Discussion Forum

Thoughts on my LOT EDH deck?

Made a Lord of Tresserhorn EDH deck.

It's my 2nd attempt at an EDH deck and am looking for feedback and strong critisism.

Thanks in advance :)

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=264193
Posted 01 December 2011 at 03:28

Just some thoughts on your selection of spells for the deck, everything else looks pretty solid in my opinion but I don't know what the people you play with run for decks or play like either... lol.

I find cards that do not provide any type of card advantage in this format generally don't make the cut my decks. Cards such as Dark Ritual and Virulent Swipe hit the board once, and sometimes don't make the difference something else in the slot such as a tutor could have. A tutor this deck looks like it would run well with is Demonic Collusion. Buyback is a very strong mechanic in my experiences.

Another possibility is to run Thraximundar as your general. LoT is strong, but a few turns and this guy can make him look like a Runeclaw Bear in comparison. Of course that is just my opinion on it, and I've never personally attempted using LoT as a general.

Mana-rocks to replace the signets: Coalition Relic, Darksteel Ingot, Manalith

I find real rocks are much more valuable than the Signets are when I play. But that's personal preference in my eyes. Have fun building!
Posted 15 January 2012 at 18:55