Discussion Forum

Create a Card - Schrödinger's Cat

Heard about Schrödinger's Cat while watching Big Bang Theory, then I looked it up on Wikipedia and got to thinking; 'I wonder what this'll look like as a Magic card'. So here's my attempt at it:

Name: Schrödinger's Cat
Cost: :mana1::manau::manab:
Type: Legendary Creature - Enigma Cat
Rarity: Rare.
Rules Text: Shroud
:mana1::manau::manab: : Place a card from your hand face down on the battlefield. It's a 2/2 colourless creature. Any opponent may pay :mana3: and chose a card type. If they do, reveal the card. If it's the chosen type, exile it, otherwise cast it without paying its mana cost.
P/T: 0/1

My challenge to you is to either make my card better, or make your own.

Rules:
1) Have fun.
2) Your creation must be based on the Schrödinger's Cat experiment.

Please try keep your creation's abilities as close to actual Magic card abilities.
Posted 02 December 2011 at 09:53

Cost: :mana1::manau::manab::manag:
Type: Creature - Cat
Rarity: Rare
Rules Text: At the end of your end step, remove Schrödinger's Cat from the game. Flip a coin. If heads, return Schrödinger's Cat to play under your control. If tails, put Schrödinger's Cat into your graveyard and put a 3/1 zombie cat token with infect and ":manab: :regenerate" into play.
P/T: 1/1

Zombie poison cat, post box? I thought this may may be a mix of Innistrad/Scars in terms of flavor.

(Would be legendary & mythic if it was an artifact ("the box") creating the zombie cat tokens, with a CMC of 7 or 8.)
Posted 02 December 2011 at 17:58

I'm thinking of a
Cost::mana2::manau::manab:
Type: Legendary Creature- Cat
Rarity: Mythic Rare
Rules Text: Hexproof
Level up :manau::manab:
Level 1-3: :manau::symtap:, Flip a coin. If heads, remove Schrödinger's Cat from the game. If tails, put a 2/2 cat token into play under your control. P/T 0/1
Level 4+: :manau::manab:,Remove Schrödinger's Cat from the game: Flip a coin three times. For each heads, put a 2/2 cat token into play, and flip again. P/T 0/1

Infinite outcomes do to many worlds theory?
Posted 03 December 2011 at 02:10

A different take - focusing on the box rather than the cat
Posted 03 December 2011 at 02:57

Cost: :manau::manag:
Type: Legendary Creature- Cat
Rarity: Mythic Rare
Rules Text: Hexproof
:mana2::manau::manag::symtap:, Remove Schrödinger's Cat from the game. Flip a coin. If you win the flip, reveal the top card of your library you may cast it with out paying its mana cost, then return Schrödinger's Cat to play. If you lose the flip return Schrödinger's Cat to play tapped it does not untap during the next untap step.
P/T: 0/1
Flavor text: I don't think we should have put the cat in the box...
Posted 04 December 2011 at 02:38

Schrödinger's Cat
:mana1::manag::manab:
Creature - Cat Illusion
Hexproof
Creatures your opponents control have infect.
If you recieve a poison counter while Schrödinger's Cat is on the battlefield sacrifice it.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if Schrödinger's Cat is in your graveyard put a 2/2 cat creature token with hexproof and "creatures your opponents control have infect" named Schrödinger's Cat onto the battlefield
if you recieve a poison counter while Schrödinger's Cat is in your graveyard remove it from the game and sacrifice all creatures you control named Schrödinger's Cat.
P/T = 2/2

Probably too much text for wizards but I had too many ideas and only one card to put it in :D
Posted 04 December 2011 at 23:52

Schrödinger's Box :mana5:
Artifact
:symtap: flip a coin if heads put a 2/2 cat creature token in play if tails do nothing, flip a coin again if heads do nothing if tails cat token gets -1/-1 has infect and you must sacrifice it at the end of turn
Posted 12 December 2011 at 19:57

Schrödinger's Cat :manaw::manab::manau:

Creature - Cat Illusion
At owner's endstep phase, exhile Schrödinger's Cat.
At beginning of owner's next starting phase, bring Schrödinger's Cat back into the battlefield. Repeat.

P/T = 2/2
Posted 22 December 2011 at 00:47

Schrodinger's Cat :manaw::manaw::manab::manab:
Legendary Creature- Imaginary Cat
Rarity: Rare
If Schrodinger's Cat is summoned and while at least one creature is on the field then sacrifice Schrodinger's Cat and place a 2/1 cat token with double strike and a 1/2 zombie cat token with hex-proof on the battlefield. If no other creatures are present on the battlefield other than than those cat tokens then sacrifice the cat tokens and return Schrodinger's Cat from the Graveyard to the Battlefield.

If either of these counters are destroyed before this ability activates Schrodinger's Cat is exiled and the remaining counter cannot be sacrificed to return Schrodinger's Cat.
P/T: 3/3
Posted 23 December 2011 at 13:15

Schrodinger's Cat :mana2: :manau: :manaw:
legendary creature-enigma cat illusion
mythic rare
-shroud
- :mana6: :manau: :manau: :manaw: :manaw: :symtap: flip a coin, if you win the flip then sacrifice Schrodinger's Cat and exile up to three target nonland permanents, if you lose the flip then exile Schrodinger's Cat.
- exile three nonland permanents you own: return Schrodinger's Cat from exile to the battlefield.
3/3
Posted 23 December 2011 at 20:45