Discussion Forum

trepanation blade

If you have two trepanation blades on one creature, do both effects go off of one incident of milling? or are there multiple times that an opponent would mill?

For example, If I have two trepanation blades attached to a creature and attack. the effect of the blade goes off and my opponent mills three cards before hitting a land. therefore getting a +4/+0 from the blade.

My question is, would he have to mill again for the second blade or would the second blade just go off of the first ones effect?

For example, take the upper example. the second effect from the second blade would go off and my opponent mills two cards before getting to a land, giving my creature a total of a +7/+0.

Let me know I am more than a fair bit confused by it...
Posted 04 December 2011 at 08:38

[QUOTE=necromaster2000]If you have two trepanation blades on one creature, do both effects go off of one incident of milling? or are there multiple times that an opponent would mill?

For example, If I have two trepanation blades attached to a creature and attack. the effect of the blade goes off and my opponent mills three cards before hitting a land. therefore getting a +4/+0 from the blade.

My question is, would he have to mill again for the second blade or would the second blade just go off of the first ones effect?

For example, take the upper example. the second effect from the second blade would go off and my opponent mills two cards before getting to a land, giving my creature a total of a +7/+0.

Let me know I am more than a fair bit confused by it...[/QUOTE]

Each blade's effect is completely independent of the other; they have no clue the other one exists.
They will both go off.
Two mill events will be added to the stack. In your example, you would get the full +7/+0.

The only thing you have to be careful about is that the two mills are two different events on the stack. Your opponent could cast something (like Geistflame) after the first mill but before the second.
Posted 04 December 2011 at 20:27