Discussion Forum

Welcome back, Replenish

Hey all, this is my first post here

I wasn't playing mtg for a looong time due to this and that, but nowadays I've found myself with spare time and $ so I've decided to blow dust away from my MTG cards.

To cut a long story short, I have a bunch of random cards as well as very old version of Replenish (parallaxes, opalescence, frantics, attunements, Tundras, painlands FoW tombs and such), and I also have pandaburst combo in my collection.

I was looking at some new combos and cards which I could use to refresh this deck to a playable status in today environment as a Legacy deck. I'm trying to run it as a 2 x enchantment I-win combos like panda-burst or opal-evening.

What cards should I use for discards? Attunements seems ok yet 3 mana might be a too slow; careful study is decent and I'm pretty sure they're the way to go; what about Coliseum land?; there are Gifts Ungiven, Intuition, Flux, Academy research, Probe, Thirst of Knowledge or Compulsive research, yet just like with Attunement I'd rather have discard cards below 3 cmc; Tolarian winds seems nice but random as hell, and there's this ISD red card with flashback which might be playable too. It looks like there's not that much to replace frantics with. Or should I go for straight mill cards? -10 should be enough to get a single combo in graveyard if I'll run 3 different combos. Tho there's no pimp my hand effect and I might need to add some tutors for replenish.

I'm also very tempted by some of new counter spells (they're be mainly to counter opp counters) : Foil (potential discard potential), Disrupt, Daze, Dispel, Mindbreak Trap, Pact of Negation, Commander, Rites of Refusal (again a discard mech), Remand and Thwart

Should I include few moxes? I have 2 x Mox Diamond atm, and as they were reprinted it should be possible to get hands on more if needed.
As of lands, is Tombs + Tundras + some of those fake duals + "Fetch" + Coliseum the optimal setting? It looks like quite a lot of damage so If I'll somehow not get my combo off within first 2-3 turns I feel like I'll get swarmed by any aggro. I also thought about lotus petals or dark rituals to speed up stuff even more, but somehow I feel like i'll won't have enough cards on my hand to pull it off decently. Boseiju is a must have from what I see, dunno about the amount though. Shadow of Doubt looks extremely strong too, but I doubt in any chances of fitting it into deck.

So far I thought of smth like
4 x Pandemonium
4 x Saproling Burst
4 x Opalescence
4 x Enchanted Evening
4 x Replenish
4 x Careful Study
1 x Attunment
1 x Decree of Silence
3 x Glimpse the Unthinkable
2 x Gifts Ungiven
1 x Intuition
1 x Foil
2 x FoW
1 x Daze
1 x Pact of Negation
1 x Disrupt
2 x Mox Diamond
4 x Tundra
4 x Ancient Tomb
2 x Boseiju, who shelters all
2 x Adarkar Wastes
5 x Fetch
2 x Hallowed Fountain
1 x Lotus Petal

I have very slight idea of the current metagame and I missed lots of cards too, so I need some advice about this Deck. It's not like I have unlimited resources, but I have quite a bunch of valuable cards which hopefully are gonna make it easier to access some of more expensive cards.

Thanks!
Posted 08 December 2011 at 12:29

to post a comment.