Discussion Forum

Jenara Bant EDH Deck (My first!)

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=269498

Hoping to get a few pointers from those more experienced. I feel like I could have added about a hundred more cards, so I think there's a lot still to be done on this deck. I think the mana curve is good, tho it could probably use a few more lands and perhaps some more creatures. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated, let me know what you think!

Thanks all,

j
Posted 09 December 2011 at 17:09

Drop everything that doesn't create card advantage

examples:

Vapor Snag: this creates tempo at the cost of a card but what use is tempo in a format where you start at 40 life?

Paradise Mantle: This is really bad. It generates 1 mana but only if you control a creature, equip it to that creature at the cost of mana and tap that creature. Play a Signet if you want cheap mana acceleration in the form of an artifact.

Posted 20 December 2011 at 13:02

the mantle is probably there for the bairn.

not sure it's worth it in EDH but there is a specific purpose for it.
Posted 11 January 2012 at 19:02

Gilder Bairn is a fun card and can be useful but I would not try to combo it with a bad card like mantle. Combo it with Maze of Ith or some other 'good' card, that way drawing into that only one part of the combo is useful as well.
Posted 12 January 2012 at 14:48

Maze of Ith isn't very good as far as ways to tap the bairn..you'd have to declare him as an attacker which opens him up to various types of nastiness like Dispense Justice.

the end goal of the bairn/mantle combo is to drop the training ground in and go infinite.

but ya, a 3 piece combo in EDH is mostly futile...and sure, if he had a maze of ith, he should put it in the deck, but that's true of pretty much any EDH deck anyway lol.
Posted 12 January 2012 at 14:55