Discussion Forum

The Deck Rating System

It seems it's become quite the controversial subject. People have been accused of "cheating" the system, some are annoyed that their decks are rated down with no explanation, and I personally find it annoying that 3 of the top rated decks are not actual decks.

First of all, I think it's very important to specify whether a deck is meant to be Casual or Tournament Quality (it should be a requirement when beginning to make the deck). This distinction will help those commenting/rating to know how to rate/comment it.

My suggestion is to require a comment when rating a deck. With this implemented, people will be more likely to make helpful suggestions and people will no longer wonder what's wrong with the deck. This will also make it a little harder for people to "cheat" the system.

On a slightly different note, I support hipponox's idea for decks in each category being rated among that category; great idea. Well, thanks for listening.
Posted 09 November 2009 at 12:18

Hi DithOrder

We are currently in the process of doing some major upgrades over the Vault Network and this includes revamping the rating system.

Keep an eye on the forums for some sneak peeks over the next few weeks, but don't worry, we are adding all the suggestions that we know need adding (deleting decks!!) and also suggestions that have been posted into this suggestions area, so thanks for the post!

Ian
Posted 09 November 2009 at 12:38