Discussion Forum

eldrazi spawn deck

i want to make a eldrazi spawn deck the idea is to makes lots of spawns to mana exel into more or to get good artifacts and enchants out to make them viable as attackers and blockers but havent the faintest as to how to make it a reality anybody have any ideas
Posted 12 December 2011 at 20:23

First step will be picking your colour(s):

Green is a must as it gives you Awakening Zone and Growth Spasm. Plus Overrun is a great card to turn your group of 0/1 spawns into a winning strike.

Red gives you Brood Birthing and Rapacious One which are pretty good at converting a small swarm into an army.

Black gives you Pawn of Ulamog and Grave Pact which are pure evil, especially in multiplayer.
Posted 12 December 2011 at 21:18

I have a legacy casual deck build around spawns and it features cards like

Fecundity (totally broken with spawns)
Vicious Shadows (main kill of the deck, totally broken)
Goblin Bombardment
Wild Pair
Goblin Sharpshooter

It's pretty good and kills multiple players real fast
Posted 13 December 2011 at 08:15

thanks for the tips im gonna look into a direction to go with some of those cards i was thinking of running my doubling seasons in it whenever i finally build something but think paralell lives would be better since its probly not going to anything in that makes counters also i was wondering since ill definately be using awakening zone do you think dropping in an eldrazi monument would be a good idea or just mediocore
Posted 14 December 2011 at 21:38

triumph of the hordes and broodwarden would be things to look into if u r goin eldrazi...especially broodwarden.
good luck
Posted 11 February 2012 at 04:01