Discussion Forum

Stacking +/+ effects

If I enchant a player with Curse of Stalked Prey twice, does that mean each creature that does damage to them gets +2/+2? Likewise if I have two Rakish Heir's on the field, does each vampire get +2/+2 when it damages a player? And does the Rakish Heir's ability affect itself? And what if a vampire already has such an ability, do the two (or three) effects stack?

Thanking you in advance for any help given :)
Posted 14 December 2011 at 10:41

the heirs ability does affect itself since it sais when a vampire you control if it didnt affect itself it would say when another vampire, and as far as the abilitys stacking im about 90% sure they do since the attack or the damage dealt is a trigger for an activated ability so a single trigger can activate multiple abilitys a situation where they wouldnts stack is if there was cost like saccing a creature paying life or mana then the extra cost would paid for each creature you want counters on. i hope this helps
Posted 14 December 2011 at 15:22

me15159 is right, having 2 copies of curse of stalked prey on a player would give each creature that deals damage ton the player 2 +1/+1 counters. As me15159 also said, Rakish heir would affect itself. Therefore if you had 2 curse of stalked prey enchanting one player and 2 copies of Rakish heir on the field then a vampire that damaged the enchanted opponent would get 4 +1/+1 counters and a non-vampire creature would get 2 +1/+1 counters. Hope this helps! ^_^

GK
Posted 14 December 2011 at 17:03

Thanks a lot guys, this means my vampire deck is gonna be rather crazy :)
Posted 15 December 2011 at 03:51