Discussion Forum

need help with proliferate deck

heres the basic layout
http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=273485
some of the quanities are off i was trying to 60 cards with what i have and wanted to run it by some of the expierianced deck builders here before i bought singles any and all help and criticism will be helpful
Posted 20 December 2011 at 05:38

Fuel for the Cause is pretty bad. When are you going to have 4 mana open for a counterspell on a 20 land landbase while playing creatures every turn you are able?
You don't exactly play a deck where you play one creature and then sit back and ride it for as long as possible, then play the next creature when the first one dies.

A well timed sweeper (wrath of God) kills you pretty good. More card draw spells would be a good idea.
Posted 20 December 2011 at 12:08

i understand fuel for the cause is terrible overall but it proliferates and as far as being vunerable to a wrath i know that to i was thinking that with the arcbound reclaimer if that happened id just bring them back but i know if i want to do that ill need to add more copies of it i was hoping to get some tips as to what to remove and what to put in
Posted 20 December 2011 at 18:02

try using grim afflictions and some black suns zeniths, you should get some drowned catacomb dual manas nock out the fuels for grim affliction at least 3 and 2 Black suns zenith at least.
Posted 21 December 2011 at 13:10

thanks for the tips im gonna try to work in the grim afflictions and dig around in black i was wanting to add grafted exoskeleton either for the arcbounds or mainly the triskelion i am hesistent to put in the black suns zeniths as i wouldnt want to give my own creatures any -1 counters or do you mean i should have them a sort of alternate wrath effect just in case and are there any cards aside from the fuel for the causes that anyone thinks i should just remove
Posted 22 December 2011 at 02:46

hagar1337: Why would you want to be playing black sun in an arcbound deck?
Posted 22 December 2011 at 08:07

i was thinking of swapping the fuel for the causes out for tezzerettes gamble and i wanted to work in a few grafted exoskeletons and 2 more everflowing chalices my big question is what should i take out like energy chamber i like it but i feel that with proliferatebeing a big thing in the deck i dont really need it what else could i take out to fit in say 2 exoskeletons and 2 chalices
Posted 22 December 2011 at 22:59

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=273485
i made a few changes mainly swapped out some fuel for the causes for tezzerets gambit and 2 other creatures for steel overseers

so far i can at least call it a deck and its not the worst ive ever made at FNM i played it against 4 other peoples playtesting decks and it owned but against proven decks it cant hold up im really wanting to make this a competetor id like to stay with a similar concept but am willing to listen to whatever anyone has to say
Posted 26 December 2011 at 08:39

Maybe you should use Inexorable Tide for proliferation. Also Core Prowler and Plaguemaw Beast work well together if you don't mind using a little green.
Posted 03 January 2012 at 22:17

just add 4 x island, 2 x thrummingbird, 1 x contagion clasp and 1 x contagion engine and prolifferate like crazy
Posted 15 January 2012 at 14:19

This is almost exactly like the conversation we just had about the infect decks.

Alright, I repeat my recommendation for a Viral Drake - especially in blue. It proliferates very nicely.
Posted 09 February 2012 at 23:54