Discussion Forum

Turn One Win Standard

I would like to see a turn one win with a standard deck. I have two rules though, no infect or titanic growths. Other than that there are no more rules. This is called a challenge for a reason.
Posted 02 January 2012 at 23:59

If you can decide to go second and draw a card you could win by going...
Mountain, Memnite, Memnite, Infernal Plunge, Infernal Plunge, Immolating Souleater, Assault Strobe, Goblin War Paint, then boost as needed...
Posted 03 January 2012 at 07:24

On the draw:
1xChancellor of the Dross (3 damage)
1xChancellor of the Forge (1 damage)
4xMutagenic Growth (8 damage)
1xMountain
1xAssault Strobe(9 damage)
Posted 03 January 2012 at 10:34

[QUOTE=Dinkino]If you can decide to go second and draw a card you could win by going...
Mountain, Memnite, Memnite, Infernal Plunge, Infernal Plunge, Immolating Souleater, Assault Strobe, Goblin War Paint, then boost as needed...[/QUOTE]

How does this give a One Turn kill? It only does 8 damage at the end of the turn? Sure lets assume they don't kill Souleater on the next turn, so you use Souleaters ability again and Goblin war paint is making him a 4/3, thats still only 12 damage done by Turn 2 and your either down 18 or 16 life depending on if you used life for the second use of the ability, this combo is still a four turn kill strategy, and you can guarantee that by turn 3 they will either have creatures to block you, have Doom Bladed you, etc?
Posted 04 January 2012 at 03:19

[QUOTE=Prizrak]On the draw:
1xChancellor of the Dross (3 damage)
1xChancellor of the Forge (1 damage)
4xMutagenic Growth (8 damage)
1xMountain
1xAssault Strobe(9 damage)[/QUOTE]

I love this set :) The odds aren't in your favour but still an awesome set
Posted 04 January 2012 at 03:24

@ rickell

First you may down the mountain and the two memnites... Then you tap the mountain and sac one of the memnites for an Infernal plunge leaving you with 3 mana in your mana pool... Then you use one of that mana and sac the second memnite for a second infernal plunge leaving you with five total mana in your mana pool... Then you use two of that for the immolating souleater, one mana for the assault strobe, and the final two mana for goblin war paint leaving you with a 3/3 with double strike and haste... Next you pay 14 life to use the souleater's ability 7 times (this seems like where you misunderstood... It looks like you thought you could only use the souleater's ability once although I could be wrong with that assumption) to make it a 10/3 with double strike and haste... Finally just swing for 20 and the win :D

This is highly dependent on your opponent not playing a creature on their first turn (and obviously highly dependent on getting a god hand) a first turn delver, birds of paradise, doomed traveler, phantasmal bear, etc. would render this Combo obsolete.
Posted 04 January 2012 at 03:50

I'm not sure if this counts as a "one" turn win (Requries second turn for the extra draw). Put down menmite and a mountain. Infernal plunge menmite, and tap mountain, to use geosurge. You now have 7 mana. Reverbrate Geosurge. You have 12 mana. Reverbrate it again. You have 17 mana. Summon Emrakul and Immolating Soul Eater (Your opponent will cry.) End your turn, and gain an extra one because of Emrakul. Attack your opponents lifepoints (they have to sacrifice anything that might protect them), and buff up your soul eater with your life until it is a 5/5. Victory.
Posted 04 January 2012 at 04:53

@Rickell/SSHouston
Yes, you can play the ability multiple times per turn. And yea them getting to go first to have a one turn drop/fog/vapor snag/ unsummon, ect kills this...

@Batkeeper1
Sadly Emrakul isn't standard anymore :( Other than that I love it!
Posted 04 January 2012 at 05:39

ok that help to know that you can use ability multiple times, i thought you could only use abilities once per turn
Posted 04 January 2012 at 11:07

[QUOTE=batkeeper1]I'm not sure if this counts as a "one" turn win (Requries second turn for the extra draw). Put down menmite and a mountain. Infernal plunge menmite, and tap mountain, to use geosurge. You now have 7 mana. Reverbrate Geosurge. You have 12 mana. Reverbrate it again. You have 17 mana. Summon Emrakul and Immolating Soul Eater (Your opponent will cry.) End your turn, and gain an extra one because of Emrakul. Attack your opponents lifepoints (they have to sacrifice anything that might protect them), and buff up your soul eater with your life until it is a 5/5. Victory.[/QUOTE]

how r u playing a geosurge and an infernal plunge in the same turn with 1 red mana when u need the 1 mana to play the plunge and the geosurge costs 4?
Posted 05 January 2012 at 08:18