Discussion Forum

Does Protection=Indestructable? Help!

I'm making a deck based on Progenitus (My fav!) and was wondering if protection is basically indestructible. Also, does protection from all include colorless and multicolored cards?
Posted 04 January 2012 at 23:02

Protection from everything literally means protection from everything. That does include multicolored and colorless spells. Also, while protection from everything does not expressly protect against destruction, anything that would cause Progenitus' destruction would be ineffective. In that sense, it is similar to indestructible.
Posted 05 January 2012 at 06:01

considering it is protection though he would still be affected by mass effects like wrath of god or even gravepact given the right circumstances as protection doesnt work unless its being targeted hence wrath should still work and an effect that states target player sacrifices a creature both should bypass any form of protection
Posted 05 January 2012 at 16:06

[QUOTE=me15159]considering it is protection though he would still be affected by mass effects like wrath of god or even gravepact given the right circumstances as protection doesnt work unless its being targeted hence wrath should still work and an effect that states target player sacrifices a creature both should bypass any form of protection[/QUOTE]

When I say nothing that destroys it would be effective, what I mean is that anything which would destroy it directly (like doomblade or damage) would be ineffective. (In other words:read my mind, not my text). Insofar as amount of damage doesn't matter, it would be similar to any indestructible creature. Of course, as you say, Wrath of God would destroy it as a universal effect spell. In the case of sacrificing, it doesn't matter if a creature is indestructible or not, any creature can be killed off by sacrificing.
Posted 06 January 2012 at 06:00

i know i was just trying to explain some of the common misunderstandings about indestructible and protection and i understand the similaritys but if he were a newer player wich im not sure of i wouldnt want him misunderstanding i wasnt trying to undermine you just add to a bit
Posted 10 January 2012 at 02:54