Discussion Forum

Advise wanted: Control [B/U] [Casual]

So ive thought about making a [:manau:/:manab:] control ,both for you (scry and draw) and the oponent (counterspell and destroy), for a while and this is what i came up with!

Link: http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=278965

Deck:

Artifacts

4x Crystal Ball
3x Runechanter's Pike

Creatures

2x Conundrum Sphinx
4x Delver of Secrets
3x Invisible Stalker
2x Bloodgift Demon

Land

4x Drowned Catacomb
11x Island
6x Swamp

Spells

2x Suffer the Past
4x Go for the Throat
3x Surgical Extraction
4x Mana Leak
4x Ponder
4x Think Twice

This is how i think it should work:

There is a high chance that you get to begin with either a Crystal Ball or a Ponder in your hand. These cards lets you search for the combos/cards you want.

Delver of secrets is just good in these kind of decks and thats why its there, to deal damage and block.

Bloodgift Demon Lets you draw more cards. He is also a good game ender since you get to draw your control cards much more easily to keep him alive and keep them from killing you.

Runechanter's Pike should work with all of these creatures since they all have avoidance and you should be able to keep your opponents flyers off of the battlefield.

Invisible stalker is just there so that you have a high chance of drawing atleast one early game attacker. Also if they play a flyer deck then you have a way to get through their defence.

Conundrum Sphinx in conjunction with Ponder/Crystal Ball means +1 card per turn for :mana1:cmc. wich should be affordable after turn 4 (the earliest point you can get him out).

Think Twice is there becasue if you dont have anything to counterspell/kill then you can draw a card instead. Im thinking (twice if you want) about replacing it for Jace's Ingenuity, but its soo expensive and you will probably get enough cards later on anyway (due to Bloodgift Demon and Conundrum Sphinx).

Then we get Suffer the Past which is really good now that innistrad has been out for a while (flashback). I mean, you exile their cards aswell as damages them and getting yourself some life! The good thing is that it is an instant so that you can wait with it until their end step incase you have to counterspell. The only bad thing is that Surgical Extraction gets rid of a card, so im a little torn on wheter to remove one of these cards or not.

I dont really know if this deck does enough damage without Suffer the Past. If i where to get rid of one or both of these cards, then what to replace them with? Im thinking more counterspells or adding some returns like Into the Roil.

I dont feel it to be necessary to mention what the Mana Leaks and the Go for the Throats are there to do.

Anyway thats my thoughts on it. Let me know what you think and what i could improve on it!

Thanks in advance :P
Posted 05 January 2012 at 21:09

Any help at all would be helpfull.

Thanks
Posted 07 January 2012 at 04:05