Discussion Forum

Comment on My Red Deck!

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=280077

The basis for this deck is to go really fast. I will try to destroy the opponent's life and bring it down to 0 as quickly as possible. This deck will be very aggressive and most of my creatures will die at the end of my combat phase. Worst case scenario for this deck is that a wall or big creature will block my creatures and no damage will get through. Thus the deck has to do it's job quickly.

I kind of have a theme going here and any comments and suggestions would be appreciated. Is this deck a good idea? Is there a better burn deck I could run?
Posted 08 January 2012 at 06:40

An interesting deck idea, but it does seem quite risky. I am not sure that I like the idea of not having blockers before turn three at the earliest, but as long as the opponent isn't running infect I guess that wouldn't be too much of a problem. In answer to your question about better burn decks out there. I am not sure that I like the term "better", there are different ideas that may be more effective under certain circumstances, but I digress. In answer to your question (kind of), I personally have had a certain amount of burn success running a simple spitfire kiln fiend deck. The idea is somewhat similar to yours, insofar as you only get big hitters for a short while, but when you aren't attacking, at least you will have some smallish blockers for use in case of emergency.

Suggestions I have for your deck as it currently stands:
1)Try using smoldering spires instead of teetering peaks. That way you can circumvent an enemy blocker.
2)Don't know how well this would work, but you might want to try using goblin shortcutters to get past the enemies blockers.
3)If the above doesn't work, try using either panic or panic attack instead. The only advantage Goblin Shortcutter would have over either of these two options is that it can be used as a one time emergency use blocker for stopping heavy damage.
Posted 09 January 2012 at 03:41

Smoldering Spires was a great find! I will probably purchase the additional cards you mentioned as well and experiment results.I will also give the spitfire kiln fiend deck a look. Thanks a lot for the suggestions friend!

More replies are appreciated.
Posted 12 January 2012 at 23:23