Discussion Forum

Offering to Asha and Garruk

My friend and I had a brief argument the other day about something we encountered while playing a game. He sent out Garruk Wildspeaker and I countered it with Offering to Asha. Is he allowed to use Garruk's +1 to untap two lands to pay the four mana required for Offering to Asha? I am not quite sure how the stack works and would like some advice on this manner. Also another question: If my friend takes control of one of my creatures with Mind Control and that creature dies, does it go into my graveyard or his?
Posted 09 January 2012 at 00:46

question 1)No, he would not be able to use Garruk's ability. Garruk would be countered before he ever hit the board, so he wouldn't be able to activate his ability. (Plus, even if he could, the ability activates at sorcery speed).

Question 2)The creature would go to the graveyard of its' owner. not its' controller. Therefore, if it was your creature to begin with, it would go to your graveyard.
Posted 09 January 2012 at 03:05

[QUOTE=sethbodine]question 1)No, he would not be able to use Garruk's ability. Garruk would be countered before he ever hit the board, so he wouldn't be able to activate his ability. (Plus, even if he could, the ability activates at sorcery speed).

Question 2)The creature would go to the graveyard of its' owner. not its' controller. Therefore, if it was your creature to begin with, it would go to your graveyard.[/QUOTE]

Ok thank you for clarifying that. :)
Posted 09 January 2012 at 21:09