Discussion Forum

Sideboard help!

Hey there.

So I refound my interrest in Magic, and thought I would try and complete my old project, a Black/White beatdown deck. I might still play around with it, but I think the main deck is pretty much as done as it's ever going to be.

But! I need a sideboard. I've kinda been filling it with some ideas as for what COULD be there, but I've far from decided. Especially as I never did any tournament or the likes, so I don't really feel comfortable, as for what I have to be able to 'defend' against.

Any help? :)

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=51348

TL;DR: Help me make a sideboard to the deck linked above, please.
Posted 10 January 2012 at 12:39

sideboards only make sense for tournament play as tournament formats narrow the meta you'll potentially face. you sideboard against the most popular strategies in the format you'll compete in. when playing casual your meta is limitless, with only 15cards in side it's impossible to sideboard against any and all decks. better to just play more then 60 cards and play a ton of versitile solutions mainboard. 200 cards for instance is a nice size for a multifunctional non liniair control deck.
Posted 10 January 2012 at 14:42

Well, some friends and I are kinda thinking of finding some local tourneys etc, after getting some prac. Also, 200 card decks or the likes are not all that fun to play with (imo).

But thank you for the input :)
Posted 10 January 2012 at 14:53