Discussion Forum

Deck challenge? Help!: Blasphemy

I was hoping to try my hand at a modern tourney but couldn't think of a deck to build before it started then after milling about an old friends collection I stumbled across "Treacherous Link" and thought placing 2 or more on opponents creatures and "Blasphemous Act" should kill them but alas my plans were foiled by the fact that TL is from Urza's Legacy:o and the only other card I could find that matched TL was "Binding Agony" again from Mirage:( so I'm asking for a little help, are there any other cards out there that might help this idea reach fruition? Any alternate ways to pull this off? If not, an alternate Idea would be to play a 2 color deck using 4 "Blasphemous Act's" with Pro red creatures that would survive so my opponents would face an onslaught :eek:

Any suggestions/Ideas or constructive criticism of this ^^^ half concoct Idea would be amazing!
Posted 12 January 2012 at 07:53

Instead of relying on enchanting your opponent's creatures (thus relying on your opponent having creatures), I'd use creatures like Stuffy Doll and Spitemare to direct Blasphemous Act's 13 damage to the opponent. If you go that route, you may want to use cards like Phyrexian Metamorph to increase the number of Dolls and Mares you have. Additionally I'd use more lower cost global burn spells to damage / buy time. Pyrohemia mite be a good card to add to that type of beck too.

A rough design you could use as a base for the deck:
http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=281779

Additionally my Elf Tokens (with minor modification) and Strong Hold on Discipline decks are nice for Modern. I'm actually going to be playing the Modernised version of the elf deck this weekend :p and the discipline deck is my indirect damage deck (that's what you going for with this challenge, rite?)

Elf Tokens - http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=243306

Strong Hold on Discipline - http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=229122
Posted 12 January 2012 at 10:08

yes, YES, YES the first deck idea is almost perfect I was focusing so hard on the black creature enchants and looking to use my opponents creatures I overlooked things like "Spitemare" which would work perfectly in a deck with some cheap Prot red soldiers or knights that could survive a cleansing as for "Stuffy Doll" I hate the 5cc but this might be the highest casting cost thing in the deck as "Blasphemous Act" has reduced cost per creature on the board.
Posted 12 January 2012 at 16:41

I have a deck that is very similar at home. I go with Repercussion, Forbidden Orchard, Kindle the Carnage, and Swans of Bryn Argoll.
Posted 21 January 2012 at 21:40

yes, I just found Repercussion this week and trying to use it in a jund EDH deck that'll eat my creatures for a massive creature then blasphemous act everything hopefully killing my opponents and leaving a larger creature still on my side! also toying with the idea of using furnace of rath for double damage and using a sac engine that'll up the effectiveness of the combo killing my opponents and leaving me unscathed.
Posted 22 January 2012 at 00:28