Discussion Forum

New EDH Challenge

Our local card shop is having a tournament for Commander. The only conditions are that your general has to be a 5 Converted mana cost or higher and that your deck cannot tutor at all. Not even your opponents deck can be searched through. I've tried using Wrexial, the Risen Deep but it didn't work. Now i'm converting it to Damia. I need some help with choosing good cards for this deck, and i'm trying to keep it low budget. I need it relatively quick since the tourney is this saturday. I'll get what I can. If this doesn't work, then I've got a decent Niv-Mizzet build. Any help is appreciated.
Posted 26 January 2012 at 00:09

Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind sounds pretty good for a fast, low budget, aggro EDH under the stated conditions.

burn, draw and denial, sounds like a great plan to me.
Posted 26 January 2012 at 07:55

Niv-Mizzet is a great choice. Also peaks my Curiosity. But with Damia I would advise running something like Recycle and/or Null Profusion. No tutoring sucks... but that is exactly why you run things like Necromancy or Necropotence. Technically Necropotence isn't tutoring... but it can get you to what you need REALLY fast with 40 life to spend on it. Just try and keep a Riftsweeper in the decklist somewhere if you need something that was "removed" back from that exiled void area.
Posted 26 January 2012 at 21:49

Sliver Queen?
Posted 18 March 2012 at 05:55