Discussion Forum

Necroskitter vs tokens

Good morning all,

this came up in a recent match. my friend had his Necroskitter out and I blocked it with my 1/1 token. this killed the token sending it to the graveyard.

my friend seemed to think that since it was killed and went to the graveyard that he should gain control of it with the Necroskitter's ability. I said that the token vanishes as soon as it hits the graveyard and so Necroskitter's ability doesn't have anything to target at that point in time.

I was just wondering who was right.

thanks your all your help. :)
Posted 30 January 2012 at 17:01

You are correct. The token would cease to exist once it hits the graveyard. So although Necroskitter's ability will trigger from your token dieing, by the time it resolves there will be nothing for it to bring back.

[quote]110.5f A token that’s phased out, or that’s in a zone other than the battlefield, ceases to exist. This is a state-based action; see rule 704. (Note that if a token changes zones, applicable triggered abilities will trigger before the token ceases to exist.)[/quote]
Posted 31 January 2012 at 09:37

Thanks for that, I thought I was right but just wanted to make sure. it's been a few months since I played last. :)
Posted 31 January 2012 at 14:20