Discussion Forum

modern agro elves(not expensive)

first off im very proud of this deck, it is mine with inspiration from legacy and other elf decks. works with heritage druid to produce mana and ramp up to play your full hand on around turn 3 then kill them on turn 4. comments are welcome.

20 forest
--
4 heritage druid
4 nettle sentinel
2 joraga warcaller
3 jagged scar archers
2 regal force
4 elvish archdruid
4 llanawar elves
4 elvish visionary
2 ezuri
3 imperious perfect
4 wrens run vanquisher
2 fauna shaman
--
2 elvish promenade

---sb---
4 thorn of amethyst
3 vexing shusher
2 krosan grip
4 elvish hex hunter
2 relic of progenitus

for the first 3 or so turns you will be using your elves for primarily mana ramping then use joraga, ezuri, elvish promenade + regal force to ether win outright by pumping your elves or draw your deck then tap the new elf tokens to play important cards. discarding lands if nesciscary.
Posted 31 January 2012 at 14:30

also note I need help making a side board with cards to play against burn, afinity, and goblins.
Posted 02 February 2012 at 14:38

i added a sb. hopefuly it will slow down combo and burn decks.
Posted 14 February 2012 at 14:15

2 cards would push this deck to an even higher tier:

Bramblewood Paragon and Strength of the Tajuru

combined with a Joraga Warcaller they are monstrous
Posted 14 February 2012 at 14:42

Joraga is not a key component, most of the time he comes in as a 1 drop in kicked so comboing off him is ify also he is usually sided out. I'll try it out though.
Posted 14 February 2012 at 16:29

so i played a couple games with a guy at my local fnm, this was before the type 2, it was a series of 5 games i was playing this deck and he was playing tron and much to my enjoyment i went 5-0 against red-green tron.
Posted 22 April 2012 at 14:33