Discussion Forum

Reassembling Skeleton combo. need someone smarter than I

I was wondering if Reassembling Skeleton sacced with a Phyrexian Altar whilest having either a Nirkana Revenant or Pawn of Ulamog out would result in infinite loop with mana / eldrazi tokens. if so then couldn't i use Blade of the Bloodchief and Demon's Horn to have a controlled infinite life, infinite mana, infinite eldrazi, infinite attack and toughness ???
Posted 05 February 2012 at 22:35

This would not work, for with the pawn of ulamog you would lose all the Eldrazi to keep putting out the reassembling skeletons. (Sacrifice skeleton to the altar for black, get a spawn token, sacrifice it for colorless, use both of those to put the reassembling skeleton out again). If you put out something like warstorm surge and get this combo rolling, you could hit your opponent for infinite damage, or you could use something like mortician beetle to get a creature with infinite power and toughness. Or maybe gravepact for board clear. Your combo could work if you had two pawns of Ulamog on the field, or a parallel lives, or a doubling season.
Posted 05 February 2012 at 22:57

I have a blade of the bloodchief, and both a Nirkana Revenant and Pawn of Ulamog?
Posted 06 February 2012 at 01:03

This is my deck btw
http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=290935

I just play with it casually, but usually it's a consistent 6 turn deck
Posted 06 February 2012 at 01:12

I really don't see where the nirkana revenant ties into this, but with the blade of the bloodchief attached to a creature when this combo goes off, you would end up with an infinitely large creature.
Posted 06 February 2012 at 02:53

Yeah, the nirkana rev, says that when you tap a swamp for black it adds two. Phyrexian altar isn't a swamp, so don't think it would apply. But I could be wrong about that.
Posted 09 February 2012 at 00:08

Though, as previously said, this combo would work for Blade of the Bloodchief, you wouldn't be gaining life with Demon's Horn. Reassembling Skeleton has an activated ability and though it is from a black source, and goes on the stack, it's not a spell so it wouldn't trigger Demon's Horn.
Posted 09 February 2012 at 16:43